+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: got any favorite new tv shows you watch?

^ [MENTION=72245]somehelp4me[/MENTION] - It's gory if you like that kind of TV you'll probably enjoy it.

I watched Extant with Halle Berry I really liked it, you can feel for her and the son and some other characters, I don't like the husband much but the rest of the characters I do, he might grow on me later, lol. But I hope this is a series not a one off like the other shows starring movie stars recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nico88 View Post
    Yeah hatesthis! We're like tv twinies over here haha. Agreed on pretty much everything you said. I get they had to explain Ephraim's problems with his marriage but it was sort of irrelevant to the episode. They could have worked that part later on in the story you know? Didn't too much care for one of the final scenes with the lil girl coming home. It was way creepier in the book the way they did it was kinda cheesy in my opinion. And yeah when "he" smashed that guys head in ,it was a little over done. Guess they were going for the hardcore shock factor it was unexpected and gross. Think i uttered the word jesus ha. Kinda liked it tho. Definitely shocked me. It's crazy what we can get away with on tv these days. Hoping it'll get better the more it progresses. I'd hate for it to start off decent and just go down hill from there. The previews for the following weeks look promising tho.
    Hi Twinie

I annoy people by asking question as I watch things, do you? Or I talk back to the tv, lol. But I liked it, looking forward to see where it goes, I never read the book or books? Idk so I am clueless to how it all turns out, is it being pretty true to what you read so far? I was impatient with the marriage stuff, wanted it to get to the horror-ish stuff. It's a totally different vampire show then the others so far, this creature has an alien like form, not a human one. I forgot about that lil girl and her daddy scene I thought she was to bite, turn him while she hugged him, but her heart is still probably pure and innocent, but she should be exactly like the morgue ones and want to feed, right? I thought when they were touching the inside of the coffin and the soil they didn't have protective gloves on, did they, that was silly, wouldn't something off that soil contaminate them too? Excited for ep. 2.

Forgot to include another comedy I saw called... Jennifer Falls. I like that one too, everyone in it is funny.
    Last edited by hatesthis; 18-07-14 at 06:38 AM.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

[MENTION=72885]hatesthis[/MENTION]: I always talk back to the tv. Definitely annoy some people but others find it entertaining ha. It has kept pretty true to the books so far. The part with the heart in the jar wasn't introduced that soon in the storyline but other than that it's been pretty spot on. If you have the time and like to read I'd definitely pick em up. It's a trilogy set. I think I read all 3 in two days. When I find a good book I just eat, breathe, and sleep that shit. I liked em so much I have em as ebooks and actual books. They're that good..

Still haven't caught that Halle Berry show. I know it's on demand. I might check it out later tonight..

Got Epi. 2 last night, did you? Guess that was the backstory episode, it seemed that way, far slower paced then the 1st show...and still why is Sean Astin being so under utilized in this show, he only puked and said a few lines this episode, geesh. So the beating heart is the old guys wifes? I really like that old mans character...not so much the other old mans who wants to use the creature to heal himself? Why did the creature have a form this time? and guess the lil girl didn't stay pure for long, I knew that bite was gonna happen, was obvious... why did they not track the 4th person left alive from the plane, notice that, only the pilot, woman and rocker... odd.

Did you like Halle Berry's show? I like it more than The Strain because you feel for the characters and I don't feel for any in The Strain, look forward to people being killed in it, lol.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

The Strain is a decent show, wouldn't have even known about it if not this thread and nico's post.
    Anyone watch Drunk History, that show is ****ing hilarious. =)

I watched a show called Who Do You Think You Are ( Au version) because it had Jacki Weaver's story on.

I love her and enjoyed her families story, it was sad and I cried several times during it.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

I did catch episode 2 as well. It was alright. Wish they would have gotten more in depth with the exterminator dude. He had a huge role in all the books. They just kinda threw him into there and didn't elaborate on anything..was just like what the ****.

I like Abraham's character as well. He was my favorite in the books and diggin that casted Mr. Filch from Harry Potter to play him because I'm a huge potter head ha.

Still haven't watched Halle Berry's show. My cable box has been acting funny lately. Not letting me use ondemand. ****ing comcast..

Yep, I was sort of meh about it too. So you think the books are better over the series? What was with the exterminator guy, he took that rat in with him, or no? Will he fight the creature later on, or be turned? I like spoilers :p Haha I clearly am not a harry potter fan because didn't recognize that actor at all, just liked how he is an understated actor and I love that when it comes to acting. You can see her show online, nico if you'd want to watch it that way when you can see it on your cable. Think it's on epi 3 now, still building suspense.

Haha I have seen Drunk History, somehelp4me, it is funny, wonder if they really are drunk?

^ I hope they are, but they are all actors, it's some funny shit regardless and you learn little known events of history too, drink and learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Going to check out Running Wild with Bear Grylls

http://www.nbc.com/running-wild-with-bear-grylls

Takes celebs out on a real outdoors adventure experience. Starts tomorrow.

[MENTION=72885]hatesthis[/MENTION]: Ha, I hate giving people spoilers..but because I like you I'll say yes, exterminator dude does play a good role in bringing down the creature.

Tonight's episode was good. I was a lil worried about the dog because I think I kinda remember him killing her but I blocked that shit out because you know how much I love dogs. So I was just like "oh shit, oh shit, no" had my finger on the remote ready to change the channel if anything like that happened ha.

Also I remember rocker dude's dick falling off but I can't remember if it happened that way or not. I was like "no...no did it..did he just..he just flushed it down the toilet?!" Haha.

I'm gunna have to reread the books again I think. Just to refresh my memory.

Hopefully you caught the new episode too..otherwise I just gave some shit away..which I guess is ok since you love spoilers ha.

[MENTION=72245]somehelp4me[/MENTION]: I've never seen drunk history. What network does it come on?

Ps caught Running Wild Monday night. I use to watch all of Bear's shows on the discovery channel. Cool idea having celebs go with him. I'd love to do that shit. Looking forward to next week's with Ben Stiller. He's ****ing hilarious ha

Quote Originally Posted by nico88 View Post
    [MENTION=72885]hatesthis[/MENTION]: Ha, I hate giving people spoilers..but because I like you I'll say yes, exterminator dude does play a good role in bringing down the creature.

Tonight's episode was good. I was a lil worried about the dog because I think I kinda remember him killing her but I blocked that shit out because you know how much I love dogs. So I was just like "oh shit, oh shit, no" had my finger on the remote ready to change the channel if anything like that happened ha.

Also I remember rocker dude's dick falling off but I can't remember if it happened that way or not. I was like "no...no did it..did he just..he just flushed it down the toilet?!" Haha.

I'm gunna have to reread the books again I think. Just to refresh my memory.

Hopefully you caught the new episode too..otherwise I just gave some shit away..which I guess is ok since you love spoilers ha.
    In my misery sessions I caught it too... Better than the 2nd epi for sure, the opening scene with that evil guy putting his face on was ew and fantastic all in one. Obviously he is a vampire, immortal too? Was it called Going Smooth because of the rockers ken doll crotch, lol? That was stupid, because wouldn't there be a gaping wound and lots of blood if his dick snapped off into the toilet? Also, finally we got told why Sean Astin's character was being crooked, hope he gets to hero redeem himself in the end. Also glad they showed the 4th passenger this epi, it's like they have too many characters that they cannot fit em all in each episode, because they dropped the storyline of the female passenger and barely saw the lil dead girl.. The fleeing rats was cool, obviously fleeing the demons presence in the sewers. I thought the dog was going get eaten, bite too and drained :\ Again with another head bashed in, so gross, lol.

Oh, that Bear Grylls show sounds good, I'll look it up now and see if online to watch, what celebs does he feature, men and women?

[MENTION=75705]nico88[/MENTION] - Comedy central but you can find it all over the net-- youtube and others sites.
    I enjoyed Bear's new show too, Zac Efron did a good job with his adventure, that omelet was ****ing disgusting and the rope crawl would be cool to attempt.

[MENTION=72885]hatesthis[/MENTION] - First show had Zac Efron so you'd like it-- he took his shirt off, rofl so that would spike female viewership for sure. Written into his appearance.
    Others are:
    Ben Stiller
    Channing Tatum( another for the girls)
    Deion Sanders
    Tom Arnold ( hilarious this one should be funny to watch, he doesn't look in shape)
    Tamron Hall ( don't know her at all) someone else must have dropped out =)

i've got to catch up on these shows, going to try today lmao haven't seen the bear grylls show at all.

is the strain getting better or worse so far?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

[MENTION=72245]somehelp4me[/MENTION]: Agreed. The rope climb would have been ****ing dope. I'm all about the adrenaline rush. Did you catch last night's with Ben Stiller? I missed it.

@Exeter: I think the strain is getting better. The last two have been really intense and fast paced.

Have you seen Ben Stiller's yet, he seemed scared shitless for most of it, his trademark funny wasn't even there and he had to drink before he started rofl.
    Guessing Efron had requested a higher degree of danger- they must choose how far they are willing to go. Overall still interesting - they went to Scotland for this one.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast