+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with my best friend's younger sister

In love with my best friend's younger sister

Hello, everyone. Thanks for taking time to look at this post.

So my problem is the following: I'm in love with my best friend's younger sister. We are both 18, she is 16. I have known both of them for some 4 years, and at first I just liked her as a friend, but for the last 2 years, I've developed a deep affection for her: I had crush on girls before, but this is something more. I really care about her, I would even dare to say that I love her. She is really beautiful, cute, smart, she reads alot and listens to good music, she has a great sense of humor. I am not sure how much she exactly likes me (since I'm in love with her and can hardly be objective on that topic) but we are in good relations. I can have a nice conversation with her, make her laugh... I really care about her, I think about her all the time, we go to same school and I always like to see her there.
    I'm really good with her brother (my bestfriend) and I don't think he would be VERY upset with me dating her, but actually bringing it up to him or his sister is the real problem. I will go to college soon so even if we start going out right now we'd have some 6 months tops, and after that it would be either long-distance relationship (not the best option) or breaking up. The reasonable, logical part of my brain tells me to just forget about it for now and maybe try later, if she ends up in the same city. However, doing nothing just eats me from the inside. The possibility of screwing things up with her (and eventually her brother and the rest of the family I have good relations with) also bothers me, but I just can't seem to find the right solution. The most harmless action I can think of is doing nothing but I think I'll go insane really soon if I just decide to keep it all inside.

I couldn't keep it to myself anymore, got no one to talk to about this, so now I turn to the internet community (yaaay 21st century) in search for help. I will appreatiate every reply, be it a criticism or an encouragement, as long as it can help me find a solution to my problem.

Thank you all in advance!
    Last edited by Mr Mojo Risin; 18-03-14 at 07:09 AM.

i fell in crush on my best friends older brother , i told her and she wasn't bother in fact she told me that she already knew about my crush on him, she was waiting for me to tell her , likely hood he already knows , if i was you i would tell him and say you felt this way for a while , if he is a true friend he wud understand

I really do hope he's aware of that, it would make it all a lot easier. He sure is doing a good job keeping it quiet. Thank you for your reply, I might as well take you advice and just do it already.

good luck, let me know how it goes

Stop wasting your time. You are just infatuated.....just wait til you get to college and bam you will be surrounded with a smorgasbord of hot babes everywhere you look and willing to put out too. Why do long distance when you can have variety, fun, excitement, parties, sleep overs....enjoy your freedom dude.