+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I finish with him?

Should I finish with him?

Now I know that everyone who reads this is gonna think that I'm a stupid, ungrateful cow and that I should just dump the guy so not to lead him on but hopefully someone will understand what I'm saying and give me some advice.
    Anyway, I have been with my bf for 6 months now and I met him at uni. When we first started going out I was SOOO happy as it was the sort of relationship I have alway wanted.He's a lovely guy who is very considerate and caring whereas normally I get involved with people who just end up breaking my heart.
    So I have been home from uni for 2 months now and haven't seen him at all in that time. He lives about an hour and a half away by car but I don't have a car of my own so that hasn't been an option. I did say I would get the train over to see him but he isn't keen on me meeting his dad as he doesn't know whether I'll like him or not! (which I think is a little strange!)
    He knows that he is welcome to come and stay with me for a weekend but so far hasn't taken up my offer and just keeps talking about when we get back to uni.
    I speak to him a lot on the phone because he rings me a lot. The trouble is I have got to the point where I don't want to speak to him on the phone because he talks about really boring stuff and although I listen to him I find myself resenting him for it.
    I think because of this I find myself wishing I was single again as I'm not coping with this long distance situation and I know that I will be back at uni soon but we won't be living as near to each other as I would have liked.
    I feel so bad saying all this because he is a lovely guy and I would hate to hurt him but I just don't know what to do. I don't know if I'm feeling like this because I haven't seen him in so long or what. I mean maybe I'll feel like I used to when I see him next but I really don't know.
    Has anyone else found themself in a similar situation?
    I just feel so mean for feeling this way

Well, this is a long distance relationship and obviously neither one of you are putting anything into the relationship anymore. You haven't been going out for long anyways, and you deserve to have someone thats going to be there (in real life) for you. Whats the point in wasting more time on him and bringing out hurt and sad feelings. You've already showed that you don't want to countinue the relationship because you can't stand him calling/talking on the phone anymore.

Sometimes you just have to accept it and move on.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I agree with Fawn.

Just move the **** on.

Move.

On.

On...

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes it happens.....people drift apart.... Things are pretty much always good in the beginning..... Time is what tells us if things are gonna work out. If you can't even see him regularly and if you get bored when the both of you are talking on the phone....then its probably best to let it go....

I'm sure you will meet alot of other people and in time find someone you can relate with better. Why stay in a relationship if your not even that happy?

Yes, it sounds like it's time to move on, like people have been saying. How are you benefitting at all in this relationship right now? it sounds like neither one of you is really getting anything good out of it, as much as you may care about each other. Clearly it's not you who doesn't like him as a person--It's the situation you're in.

In life, tough situations can be deciding factors almsot to the same level as tough people. It's just the way it is. Only you can decide if you're not truly happy in your relationship, but it sounds like the best thing to do is to move on.

You never know what the future holds!

Maybe you'll reconnect better when you get back to university. Nothing wrong with staying friends in the interim.

If he has a strange family or is embarrased about his dad, and you've only been dating for 6 months . . . maybe that isn't long enough for him to feel that he can let you in on that part of his life. And byh coming to visit you. . . . it would only highlight the fact that you are more open than him in that particular area.

You're gonna be seeing him in only a few weeks anyway aren't you? Doesn't school start beginning of September.