+ Follow This Topic

Thread: possible pregnancy and do not know how to tell my parents and ex boyfriend?

possible pregnancy and do not know how to tell my parents and ex boyfriend?

First of all, I am 21 years old. I am in school so I have no job at the moment. This will disappoint my parents big time.. I still however would like to continue school if I am pregnant.

I had sex on March 10th of this year and seven and a half hours after I had sex I took the Plan B One Step pill. I tried killing myself yesterday by making myself eat 20 Tylenol and 16 aspirin. It didn't do nothing except making me want to puke and I did like 8-9 times. I am so devastated. I have many symptoms that come with Plan B One step but in my mind I feel like I am pregnant.

First, I would have to tell my ex boyfriend and I wouldn't know how to do that. Then I would have to find a job so I can make money for an apartment and move out. I never had a job before, I always volunteered. But I don't even know how I will tell my parents? My sisters are always telling me they want me to be an aunt and guess what? They are going to get their wish but I don't think my parents expected to be grandparents until they are in their middle sixties (they had children way late in life, I'm the first child born to them when they were 35 years old). What's even worse is that my parents don't know I still have contact with my ex boyfriend and they are going to be extremely mad at that. I don't think my ex boyfriend wants to be a father either but I will not get rid of this baby even if I have to do things I didn't expect before.

Help? I feel so lost and I am losing sleep( go to bed at 12am, wake up 3am, force myself to go back to sleep and then wake up at 6am) . I have 12 more days to find out the truth (before I can take a test to be 100% positive about pregnancy, or if it comes out negative)

If I am pregnant, I will be 21 years old still and my ex boyfriend will be 23 years old

Go to a women's or family planning clinic for counseling. They will go over your options, and help you cope with whatever decision you make. Anyways you are 21 years old, you are an adult not a child. You are responsable for your life, not your parents. You don't have to tell them anything if you don't want to. What are they going to do? senf you to your room and ground you for 2 months? Relax, and go seek some counseling, you will get all the help you need at the clinic.

What the f*ck? Don't kill yourself. Go to a clinic, like smackie said. If you don't want the child, you can get an abortion.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You would have been much more sympathetic if you had not swallowed a bunch of tylenol and aspirin. If you plan to keep this baby (assuming you have one), you cannot indulge such selfish, childish, dramatic whims, which can be harmful to the baby. If you are pregnant, it isn't about YOU anymore; it's about that baby, and you have a moral obligation to do whatever is necessary to ensure his/her health.

Now, back to the pregnancy... it's only been less than 2 weeks. Why have you not simply gone to the drug store to buy a pregnancy testing kit? Are you always so dramatic?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I did buy a pregnancy test I brought a box of three and took a test Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday all negative

Well first of all stop stressing out about it, you don't know anything for sure yet an freaking out is going to make everything much worse. You may not even be pregnant, and the fact you tried to kill yourself really worries me, you say you want to keep the child...well doing what you did is not going to be good for any baby.

You sound really irresponsible and immature to even think about killing yourself over something like this, you are obviously troubled and you need some help. Talking to family may actually be good for you to let your emotions out. I just hope if you really do have a baby that you will take responsibility or take good care of the child.

Stop wasting your money on pregnancy tests. Your period has to be late before they will show a positive.

Which brings us to the fact that you're not even late yet. Did you read my comments on your other thread about it being too early for pregnancy symptoms? And did you read that your 'symptoms' aren't even pregnancy symptoms anyway?

While the prospect of an unwanted pregnancy can be scary, you seem to have lost all sense of perspective and logic.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.