+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I find a man who doesn't treat me bad or presures me into things?

How can I find a man who doesn't treat me bad or presures me into things?

I always seem to find men who treat me bad, I got an ex boyfriend who only calls when he wants sex from me and I gave in last time and I had to take Plan B One Step because of that ( I should of said NO but too late for that), and I have another guy who I dated but we weren't official and he gets mad when I do not want to talk to him on the phone or hangout. He calls my excuses "pitiful" and he then tells me I'm "lying". But I do not want to hangout because he treats me so bad. I have to give him $5 because apparently I lost a "bet" and he got mad at me yesterday telling me I was I had him waiting and I had to yell at him ( well not yell but let him know in text) that he can't argue with me because I am sick, which I was.

I'm sick and tired of dating and men all together. I know there are good men out there but I can't seem to find any of them. I feel like I am going to be like my neighbor who never married, had no children, but led a successful life as a nurse and now lives in her own home still and still can drive a car all safe and sound, no health problems and she is in her early 80s, even walks to CVS sometimes. I feel like that's going to be the life for me.... is that bad?

It's your poor choices that has put you in this position. You LET men push you around, you LET men take advantage of you, you don't say no, you know you can but you don't. You have wasted your time thinking you can make them better by giving them what they want. Well it doesn't work that way. You need to learn about a thing called self worth. It's a matter of keeping your legs closed and making them respect you by making them prove their worthiness. If you get a whiff of bull shit, you ditch quick them simple as that. Once you develop self worth, only then will you attract quality men.

- - - Updated - - -

God damn I hate duplicate threads...

Thank you. I hate feeling like this. I am going to block numbers so I do not have to worry and I will feel better about myself I just do not want to be a disappointment anymore. I feel like sneaking to hangout with my ex and hanging out with my other friend who treats me horrible is no way to go. My sister was joking with me yesterday and said "you still hang out with him?" and my mom stared at me for 5 minutes like she was about to be disappointed in me, so I have to cut them out of my life They did really nasty things to me that I do not want to post online but bad enough to make me feel terrible

Also, how do you meet these folks?? is it through your social circle or is it through your lifestyle-and by lifestyle, i mean where you hangout or places you often frequent?

If you meet these bad characters through some specific means, change that.....
    Its one thing to not take crap from these douche's but the key is putting yourself in a position to avoid such douche's.
    You must be doing something wrong to MEET these wrong characters...

Sounds like your neighbour is a smart woman. Be single for awhile. Ditch the Pricks and grab some self love; stop giving in to their brand of control issues and cut them off in every way. Don't fall for any bullshit apologies when they start missing you and go find another crew of people to associate with. Garden. Read. RAise you bar and you'll find in some time, quality people.