+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will I be alone FOREVER?

Will I be alone FOREVER?

M most y recent relationship proved to be emotionally abusive. The last worse thing my ex bf did was lying about having an infection saying how there was a chance he would die. He even went to the extent of photo shopping a picture to convince me. Of course when I discovered this he cut all contaact with me. It has only been 3 weeks since this but it feels like ages. I just feel lonely. He was well the closest person to me and now I need to start over with friends. See while I was with him I was recovering from PTSD and depression and as a result cut off ties with people who were connected to the PTSD and depression. I had to start fresh so I left school and everyone there and moved back home. Which btw had helped me improve tremendously.

I am 21 years old and I am afraid that I will forever end up alone or that I again will settle for someone less (like my ex) because of the fear of not finding who I want to be. I am afraid that my ex might contact me and I despite knowing how destructive our relationship is I will fall back into his arms because of my fear of being alone. Even now I keep thinking of the good thiings and not the bad. How can I prevent this.

Is it too late? Will I find someone? If so where? what if i find no one in college or work!
    I know that I basically have to start all over. Start college all over back home start making friends all over which I don't mind. I guess I am just too comfortable with the past.

P.S. Yes I am seeking therapy for the depression and PTSD and have been improving A LOT esp since my ex has left the picture

You've made an enormous amount of progress so far. If you can go this far, you can go further.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hey! You are just too young to be feeling this way. You are just 21 and any man will be dying to get you, but that won't happen until have moved on with your life. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself, because no one wants to be around someone who is depressed. Be happy again and you will attract people to your life, including men.

Hi tanragagirl. You are young. Give yourself some time and your life can be just great.

Whatever you do don't rush. It is better to wait a few years and look after yourself, and then when you have built up your self-esteem and self-confidence you will be ready to take on the world.

Recovering from an abusive relationship and suffering from PTSD takes time. Give yourself that time.

You seem afraid of being lonely. Talk about that with your therapist. This is a fear in your mind. There are many decent guys out there in the world. Look after yourself first and learn to feel comfortable with the unique person YOU are. Then you will be ready to find your partner. He is there.

You are on the right road. Just keep going that way.