+ Follow This Topic

Thread: holding a woman's waist

holding a woman's waist

My question is: why would a man hold very tight a woman's waist while kissing her goodbye in the cheek?

I'll explain the situation a little bit more: I've been assisting to a course for three months. The teacher (who is only a bit older than me) is usually very friendly with all the students. After the first month I had to change mi timetable and I continued the course with other teacher but the first one has more experience and he always explains the final units, so he was my teacher again. When he saw me in class again he told me that he was a bit "angry" with me ?cos I stopped going to his classes and he repeated it during 2 or 3 days.

At the end of the course he asked me to kiss him goodbye and then was when he hold me so tight, with his right hand in my waist and the left hand in my shoulder. The hand in the shoulder was loose but tho one in the waist was very strong although it didn't hurt. Nobody has ever hold me like that and I'd like to know if that means something or if men usually do that.

Besides he told me that I could go again to the classes as many times as I wanted, not paying again.

...........lol

Body language like that, says that he is more or less "Into you". I would say he has some affections obviously, and you upset him by leaving his class because from what you said, sounds like he wanted you there so he could see you, and physical contact like that is more sensual than casual. I have had good professional relations with my professors, coworkers, trainers, other professionals, and we either shook hands, or gave a very loose, casual, friendly but not so tight hug when parting. So you need to consider that that body language is more than friendly, and how you feel about it determines a lot. So ask yourself that question because no man that didn't want me, ever held me like that, but the ones that did want me, that I wanted in return, have held me in that manner. My boyfriend could tell you right now, the very same thing. Hope this helps you out because I think someone, wants a little more than a professional relationship, but you also need to be careful with that as well.
    “I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Wish for a pile of shit to turn into gold hard enough and guess what? It's still a heaping pile of shit.

Men usually do not do that. That's definitely not casual.

He has the hots for you.

Then I'll go back next week to his class for a few days and wait for him to make a move.

I hope you're right
    Thank you all for your help!

Wow, this is horrible.

I went back and after the second day he said: Hey, would you like a drink after the class?

Obviously I answered yes. We went to a bar, stayed there a long time and things were going great. Before we left he kissed me very passionately and held me as strong as the first day, but pushing me even closer to him. He wanted to walk me home and I agreed but during the way he was strange, he didn't talk too much and every time I looked at him, he just turned his gaze to the floor. So I ask him if there was something wrong and he answered: "I really like you and that's exactly why I can't do this to you, I need to be honest, I'm married". He added he's not happy with her and they have a lot of trouble, etc...

Can you imagine my reaction? I feel really bad. I appreciate him being honest soon, but he shouldn't have even tried to be with me.
    I've decided I won't see him again, I don't think I can be his friend 'cos I want something else and I guess the same is going to happen to him and there's no way I'm going to be with him while he's married.

Good for you. Stay away from the turd. Hes breaking the law too by kissing a student and cheating on his wife which is even worse. Forget him
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Sad for you. Good though that he was honest, but he should have been honest with himself earlier and not led you on.

Hope you can forget him quickly.

One naive little girl you are.....this is a teacher for gods sakes. All schools have rules against that

You didnt knew my teacher man. She didnt had this rule and she was married too.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He wasn't my teacher anymore and anyway he doesn't have that rule either.

Besides, surfhb2, you were the first who answered to this post but you only wrote "lol". What was I supposed to understand from that, that I should keep away from him? If you are so intelligent and knew this was going to happen, why didn't you just say it? Calling me naive now that you know the whole story is easy, but please the next time show us all your great intelligence before.
    Last edited by a_mart; 29-03-14 at 02:41 PM.