+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We met, we talked, we fell, we laughed, he left

Just left of the mountains across the sea

We met, we talked, we fell, we laughed, he left

It was Saturday.

I wasn't supposed to go out that day but threw myself along when a friend said they were having a small party. We went out and had a good time, but then some of my friends wanted to hit a club. Reluctantly I followed even though I didn't fancy the place. Had a drink, started dancing. Suddenly I was dancing with someone with a handsome smile. The song ended and blasted into a new one and he pulled me aside, asked me if I wanted to stroll along outside. I joined without much thought, we introduced ourselves and we walked. Just wandering around the buzzing town, learning about each other. Keeping warm together, singing with the street musician. Held hands and kissed - alot. He told me how pretty eyes I had, I told him about how he was like none of the other guys. He wanted to get to know me, to just walk around all night. To talk and talk and kiss and feel till daylight came. Asked for my number, flattered I gave it. Took the latest bus home and left him with a lingering kiss and watched him till I was gone.

And so next day came and he was there in the back of my head, in the evening he called. He wanted to meet me. So we met. And we connected even better. Talked and talked till we both had to leave. I learned he was a marine boy, in the coastguard. He was only here for another week or so. Originally from the south. I didn't care, we met again. And again. Kissed as we left everytime. He told me straight out that he liked spending time with me. I didn't know what to feel yet but only the thought of him made me smile. He told me things I've never heard before, he caressed me like no one, he showed compassion and fondness, he asked me how I was. He cared. He made me smile more than I've ever smiled before. He listened intently to everything I had to say. We shared bad things and good things, weird habits and fears. Joys and goals and memories. After 2 weeks it was like I'd known him for years.

And then the last evening came, he showed up at my door so handsome in his uniform. We talked and we laughed. And then we spoke of seriousness of our situation, where to go from here, what to do. He told me we would be 100% honest all the time. That he could handle it if I let him go, that he would do the same. Respect.

At last he had to go, he was leaving in the morning going home. For a week. And then he's off to the boat going to Syria for 3 months on mission. I didn't want to let go of him, I hugged him close for 20minutes feeling his strong heartbeat, trying to remember it, and his smell, and the freckle on his nose up to the right. His strong chest and warm hands. His gaze at me. His lips on mine.

His eyes were glassy and a little red, I lost my strength and started crying. I gave him a letter to open once onboard the ship, he gave me his nametag to keep. And so he walked out my door, barely 2 weeks since we met for the first time, and it was the hardest goodbye I've ever had to take. Hearing a sob he turned in two strides and took my hands in his and told me, 'let me see you smile'. And of course I did, through my tears. And then he was gone in the night.

I miss him.

More than I thought I could. I came to care for him like I never believed one could after knowing someone for barely 13 days. 7 meetings was all it took for him to attach to the uttermost of my heart. Later in text he told me likewise, that he'd come to care deeply for me. He made a promise that we'd speak. And that one day in the summer we will meet.
    Chances for meeting much after his service is limited because of our distance. I have to stay here with my studies. He's got a family he's close to and will probably find work in the south. The thought of eliminating him from my life is unbareable.

This is my love story.

This is my 2 weeks in March that had my heart captured by a southern gentleman. No matter what happens I will never regret that we met. Everything clicked, we are so alike, yet we fill each other. Silent moments just as rich as words. Now I write to him, a letter everyday. For we will meet again. We have that hope, we have that promise. We have that trust.
    Last edited by topofchaplin; 24-03-14 at 12:38 AM.
    memento vitae, memento amore, memento mori

Sweetheart, it's too early yet to tell if you're in love...

but I'll tell you this:

If it's meant to be, it will. Write to him.

Thank you for reading I know I cannot possibly be in love, but I sure care for him already. We will continue to talk everyday until he's on the boat. Then he'll call when he can and I'll call when possible. I will continue to write letters though I cannot post anything to him as he's on a moving boat. But he has got one letter with him to read and we'll be able to write over the internet once he's at base for a little while.

I'm just almost afraid to tie myself more to him, to fall for him for real, for I'm scared of him returning and not wanting to uphold a long distance relationship and breaking all contact. For he told me honestly that he can never be friends with me....

Well it's a good start I hope things work out for you.

Thank you. The negative side of me tells me it's never going to work for we cannot possibly pick each other over our own lives after knowing eachother for such a short time. But I won't dwell on it and let these long 3 months happen first and see how we grow.

good luck

Thank you We've stayed in touch while he's been at home now and we've only grown closer even. It's so hard to have him leave to sea now and to Syria of all places, but we will call each other and he's reassured me he's not going to be in any danger. He has truly captured my heart, and according to him I stole his the first night and has owned it ever since.

good luck dear.
    Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.