Weird topic title, I know, but it will make sense by the end

I've been working on building my self esteem through self-acceptance. I used to try hard to impress and "win" people, and have pulled it back a lot, because I keep telling myself that if they only like me because of the show I put on, then they are not the right people for my life. It's working really well!

However, I recently had a job interview which went really well (lasted 90 mins), but turned stale right at the end, where I sensed the guy changed his mind. Let's just say I'm the perfect candidate, but hiring me is not straight forward (I need a visa etc).

I really, REALLy want this job, but I had a feeling they weren't going to get back to me.

My natural inclination would be to email straight away, saying how great it was, and how much I would love to be part of things… but I didn't want to do that this time. I didn't want to beg for the job. I wanted act as though I knew what a valuable asset I would be to the company, and that the work relationship would be symbiotic. So I thought I would send an emailing expressing my interest and respect, but also highlighting my career success and that I could bring a few clients with me to the company if they were to hire me.

I left it five days before following up. And then I sent the following email:

Hey X,

Hope you had a good xxx.

I really enjoyed meeting you on Monday. I got a lovely vibe from you, the office, (the view..!), and afterwards I took a more detailed look at the company's output. I love what I see. From my end, it would a privilege to work with you guys.

I've been speaking to X about the upcoming project in SF, and it all seems positive. If you think we could bring our talents together in the future, it would be great to chat more. I'll be in SF on and off until the 1st of April.

Hope you're enjoying the beautiful weather.

Best wishes,

Also included a PS with a link to my work and a mention of some success it was having.

He didn't get back to me yet

My question is: was my email manipulative? I know I was trying to use my potential to bring clients as leverage, but did it come across like I was trying to manipulate him into giving me the job? And was I??! I don't even know.

ANy input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!