+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will he reach out to me again?

Will he reach out to me again?

i met a guy online. he was the one who asked me if i would be interested in having dinner sometime and i said yes. so we went on two awesome dates within the same week. we had such strong chemistry.. we had the same sense of humor. he held my hand during the movie. and when we went out for dessert afterwards, he would feed me ice cream. when we were walking on the street, he would jokingly say "i need to walk on the outside cuz i need to protect you." we did not have sex. and he wasn't looking for anything physical with me.

even though we've talked about meeting up again, he has turned me down everytime. he tells me he's been very stressed out looking for a job. he was going to hang out with me again after his interviews, but im guessing they didn't turn out too well. he didn't want to hang out with me again.

he finally shoot me a text saying "i'm not ready for anything serious right now. i need to get my life back on track before getting into anything again. if we had met at a different time, things would have worked out. but i can't be there for anyone right now, not even myself. i've pretty much pushed everyone away.. friends and family. you're an awesome girl and i really enjoyed hanging out with you. maybe we will meet again "

do you think he will reach out to me if he hasn't met anyone else by the time he's ready?

Quote Originally Posted by joegxrl View Post

do you think he will reach out to me if he hasn't met anyone else by the time he's ready?
    Who cares? Do you like the idea of being regarded as second best?

You my dear, have been dumped and he is out of the door and running down the street. Find someone else because he's not coming back.

I wouldnt hold hope on this guy. Sounds unrealible. Now its understendable you are not his biggest problem and guy is not ready. However pushing back people are not the right way how aproach problems.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

You really don't know this guy, he could be having issues with his GF or wife for all you know, or he met someone he liked better. With these things he could have been dating someone at the same time, or he suffers from depression, has trouble coping. The thing is, after two great dates, he bailed on you. You don't need to put up with someone who treats you like that.

I always say if someone likes you enough, they don't let anything get in their way to be with you. So his words could be just him buttering up the rejection. So don't waste your time. Be keen on moving on.
    Last edited by smackie9; 24-03-14 at 06:47 AM.