+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she hit me in the mouth today

she hit me in the mouth today

my girlfriend gave me a playful jab in the mouth tonight. when she did it i said "ow, what was that for!" she said because it was funny and that i overreacted

is it really something i overreacted to?

Dont know why women think its okay to hit man.

Guess you are supposed to laught about it.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

If you're not laughing, then it wasn't funny.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I flirt with my bf by playfully hurting him and he likes it.. coz he thinks I am weaker than a fly so he laughs about it

But if your not cool with it then tell her not to do it
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Was it hard?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If you were playing and she hurt you unintentionally, it is ok, but at least she should apologize. Otherwise, no, you are not overrreacting.

And if you were having and argument and she hit you angry, in that case you should finish the relationship immediately. It doesn't matter if she apologize after, that behaviour would be absolutely unacceptable.

i wasnt even expecting it. i was just sitting there and she jabbed me in the mouth. right in the upper lip portion and of course it hurt a bit. its a sensitive area

Just out of the Blue? Odd. No, not cool.
    Many couples play fight but a jab in the mouth seems over the top.
    Are you sure she wasn't pissed about something else? Still, no one likes a punch in the face.

Did you tell her it was outta line? She have history of doing this?

Though we don't often hear of it, spousal abuse is a two sided coin. Sure, men generally have more strength but show me punch given by a woman and I'll show you a bruise. Little fists hurt too and abuse is abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by markmartinisfas View Post
    i wasnt even expecting it. i was just sitting there and she jabbed me in the mouth. right in the upper lip portion and of course it hurt a bit. its a sensitive area
    This sounds weird. I would have been pissed. I'm guessing she's really young (<22)? Tell her you don't like this kind of "humor" and if she could avoid hitting you or physically hurting you in any way in the future. It's one thing if you guys were playing around, tickling each other and roughhousing or something, but she just hit you out of the blue, in the face nonetheless... that's just weird. You didn't over react and if she didn't even apologize there's an even bigger problem - she is disrespectful of your feelings.

Was she being playful? Or just trying to get your attention and possibly hit too hard by mistake? Or were you arguing?

You should tell her you are not happy about it and you find it disrespectful and abusive and ask her not to do that again. Punching your arm playfully is one thing but your face is just wrong
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Could I suggest that you ask her if she would find humour in you hitting her in the mouth?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

That calls for a serious wedgie!

For real though - she probably didn't mean anything by it. You didn't really over react, just tell her, "Alright, watch it with the face shots".

There is also the possibility she has a fetish for impact play.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Hard to know without being in the situation, but I think she was just intending to be playful and perhaps is not a good judge of what is taking it too far. A playful slug on the arm is fine (not sure why, but I've actually always gotten a kick out of women who do that). A jab to the jaw (or the face at all) not so much. Unless we are talking literally the tiniest little tap with no force, even a playful jab to the face is going to hurt to some degree. That is not playful or appropriate... you know, unless that is something you are into and she knows it. LOL! But, I would just say you should politely ask that she not do that in the future.