+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First meeting after break up

First meeting after break up

Hi everyone, my ex broke up with me just over a week ago and I am completely heart broken.
    We were only together for 5 months but I was in love with him, even though we didn't get to the point to exchange those words.
    The reason we broke up was because I had him come over to talk and tried to have a conversation about how I was feeling. He doesn't express himself very well, and I was starting to feel like we didn't have much of an emotional connection, which I said, and that it sometimes felt like we were just friends (which I regretted saying as soon as those words came out of my mouth). I said I needed a couple days to think about things and he said that was fine, but the next day I realized I made a mistake and texted him saying that I don't need time that I wanted to be with him etc. and asked if he could come for a walk. He was very short with me and said sorry im too busy. Then texted me later that night saying 'sorry it just isn't going to work, I hope you find someone with the whole package'. I tried calling, texting, emailing, but he would not talk to me. Finally he sent me an email just saying he didn't think it would work out.
    I still have so many qustions left unanswered and have been begging him to give me another chance. I asked him if he would let me come by his house on the weekend to talk, and that I don't expect him to take me back, but just needed to say goodbye. He said he thought about it and didn't think it was a good idea. I was devastated and asked if I could just have a hug and that's all I wanted. He asked why I wanted a hug, and I said I just loved his hugs and wanted to remember something good. Then he said 'maybe we can meet for a quick coffee'. I'm confused. I don't know if this suggestion is for him to tell me to finally just leave him alone, or if there is actually some small hope that I can get him back.
    I don't want to ruin any hope that there could be a chance that he will hear me out and don't know what to expect at our coffee date tomorrow. I don't want to say the wrong things.
    What do I say?? Do I lay my heart on the line and ask him for a second chance, do I tell him I love him, and just wanted to tell him that if I never see him again hoping that will change his mind..i just want to think about this very carefully since he is giving me some of his time and don't want to screw it up. Any advice??

2nd guessing yourself is normal in this situation. Remember the reason why you broke up every time you feel like you messed up. You had no emotional connection....do you feel you deserve a guy you cannot give you that? I hope not!

You really need to not contact him anymore. Feelings will fade quickly and you will find someone else who connects with you on your level. Make sense?

He was right to break up. You need to remember that the whole reason this conversation started was because he wasn't meeting your needs. Even if you got him back now, in time, you'd find yourself back at the same place eventually.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

There is somebody out there that can click with you and who will make you feel happy and fulfilled. This bloke does not seem to be the one.

For a relationship to work well, we need to be in tune with each other. You and your boyfriend have different expectations in your relationship.

Take time to let your feelings fade. Hanging on to him will hinder you meeting the man who will be a great partner.