+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talking to Ex after 7 months no contact

Talking to Ex after 7 months no contact

My ex immigrated a year and a half ago and things were really bad back then. We were not together anymore as it wouldn't work out and decided to stay friends. Things were really good but she then started acting rude and cold. I decided to take sometime away from her, she agreed. Three weeks later I contacted her and she never replied. Cut me off for 7 months.

Four months ago I texte her and she replied. We started talking again. She was nice. She sent me a book that I always wanted to buy. But sometimes, she would just get mad at me over literally nothing. She would act so cold and rude. She would just stop replying and ignore me, despite her being the one who started a fight or something. I sent her a gift a few days back. She was so excited all weel about getting it. When it finally arrived, she had to go pick it up from the carrier. She sounded way less excited. And she got mad at me when all I said was "I see". She was telling me that she doesn't have time to pick it up anytime soon and so I replied "I see". She got mad at me.

Her roommate finally picked up the gift two days ago and yesterday she told me sh was staying over her mom's place and thus haven't seen the gift yet. She then told me "now you should reply I see". I told her I just thought of checking if she got the gift or not yet.

I really don't understand her or why she's being like that most of the time and I dunno what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Joe View Post
    My ex immigrated a year and a half ago and things were really bad back then. We were not together anymore as it wouldn't work out and decided to stay friends. Things were really good but she then started acting rude and cold. I decided to take sometime away from her, she agreed. Three weeks later I contacted her and she never replied. Cut me off for 7 months.

Four months ago I texte her and she replied. We started talking again. She was nice. She sent me a book that I always wanted to buy. But sometimes, she would just get mad at me over literally nothing. She would act so cold and rude. She would just stop replying and ignore me, despite her being the one who started a fight or something. I sent her a gift a few days back. She was so excited all weel about getting it. When it finally arrived, she had to go pick it up from the carrier. She sounded way less excited. And she got mad at me when all I said was "I see". She was telling me that she doesn't have time to pick it up anytime soon and so I replied "I see". She got mad at me.

Her roommate finally picked up the gift two days ago and yesterday she told me sh was staying over her mom's place and thus haven't seen the gift yet. She then told me "now you should reply I see". I told her I just thought of checking if she got the gift or not yet.

I really don't understand her or why she's being like that most of the time and I dunno what to do
    I really don't understand YOU and why you'd keep insterting yourself into someone's life that obviously DOES NOT want much (if anything) to do with you.

You are the epitome of the over-compensating nice guy that most women find annoying rather then indearing. It's time to take the hint that she isn't interested in maintaining anything of substance with you which means that you should just stop contacting her.

Ask yourself why you keep contacting her (and being naïve and clueless to send gifts) when she's been nothing but rude and careless with you. Take the hint and go zero contact. Save your gifts for an established girlfriend who see YOU as the prize.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I really don't understand YOU and why you'd keep insterting yourself into someone's life that obviously DOES NOT want much (if anything) to do with you.

You are the epitome of the over-compensating nice guy that most women find annoying rather then indearing. It's time to take the hint that she isn't interested in maintaining anything of substance with you which means that you should just stop contacting her.

Ask yourself why you keep contacting her (and being naïve and clueless to send gifts) when she's been nothing but rude and careless with you. Take the hint and go zero contact. Save your gifts for an established girlfriend who see YOU as the prize.
    The idea is one day she's very nice and all and then the other she's so cold. I was asking her if she got her gift so she was like I still didn't pick it up and stop stressing me out to get it. So I replied "I see". She got mad at me for replying "I see" and kept telling me she ain't my punching bag if I'm having a bad day. I explained to her that I did nothing wrong. The other day she said her friend picked up the gift for her but she is yet to be home and see it, and so far, she hasn't text me saying what she thinks.

And a lot of days she's just so rude and cold.

The idea is one day she's very nice and all and then the other she's so cold. I was asking her if she got her gift so she was like I still didn't pick it up and stop stressing me out to get it. So I replied "I see". She got mad at me for replying "I see" and kept telling me she ain't my punching bag if I'm having a bad day. I explained to her that I did nothing wrong. The other day she said her friend picked up the gift for her but she is yet to be home and see it, and so far, she hasn't text me saying what she thinks.

Oh you mean she's the same cold person you broke up with 7 months ago?!

I guess you like to torture yourself...stop contacting this girl. Make sense now?

No, the idea is that you're being a schmuck and trying to buy your way into a friendship with her when she's not wanting anything much to do with you but she'll take your gift while you wait with baited breath to see if she swoons over your overcompensating generosity.

Stop talking to her. Don't initiate anything further with her and be as cold and indifferent to her as she's been being to you. Zero contact now. You need to learn when to get rid of people who treat you like shit instead of trying harder to win them over.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    No, the idea is that you're being a schmuck and trying to buy your way into a friendship with her when she's not wanting anything much to do with you but she'll take your gift while you wait with baited breath to see if she swoons over your overcompensating generosity.

Stop talking to her. Don't initiate anything further with her and be as cold and indifferent to her as she's been being to you. Zero contact now. You need to learn when to get rid of people who treat you like shit instead of trying harder to win them over.
    You are right. But what got me confused is that I once mentioned a book I wanted and she bought it for me and sent it over. And she's almost always the one who starts the conversation and was nagging all the time to know what I got her.

You are right. But what got me confused is that I once mentioned a book I wanted and she bought it for me and sent it over. And she's almost always the one who starts the conversation and was nagging all the time to know what I got her.
    Doesn't matter my advise is still the same. Stop contacting her when she emails you. She's a bitch and you need to go no contact so you can rehab from your addiction of having her in your life and then subsequently be open enough to find someone new who isn't a bitch.

Learn to distance yourself from people like her and stop trying even harder to please them while they confuse and abuse you.

Good luck. Grow from this so you don't keep doing the same thing with other women.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who initiated the breakup? If it was you, perhaps she still has feelings but hates you for it? Some women will happily drag you through the muck in a form of passive-aggressive revenge.

Just an alternative hypothesis to add to what others have already posted. The solution is still the same, btw. Stop trying to engage her. Pretty clear she wants you to go away and stay that way.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Who initiated the breakup? If it was you, perhaps she still has feelings but hates you for it? Some women will happily drag you through the muck in a form of passive-aggressive revenge.

Just an alternative hypothesis to add to what others have already posted. The solution is still the same, btw. Stop trying to engage her. Pretty clear she wants you to go away and stay that way.
    She initiated the break up two years ago before immigrating then cut me off. Two months later she kept trying to contact me asking to stay friends until I finally gave in and agreed. We got close again and I was so close to travelling to visit her then she started acting cold and rude so I asked her for some space cause she was so hurtful.

She agreed. Three weeks later I cotacted her, she never replied. She cut me off for 7 months and then one day 4 months ago I thought I'd ask about her, she replied and we started talking again.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok so she sounds immature, a bitch, issued or all of above. In any case, its clear she doesn't really want to be even friends. Friends don't treat each other this way.

I suspect there is something more to this story. Sane people don't treat each other like this. My guess there is something about you she finds irritating or you did something hurtful (why did she want to break up?) but my advice is still the same.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Ok so she sounds immature, a bitch, issued or all of above. In any case, its clear she doesn't really want to be even friends. Friends don't treat each other this way.

I suspect there is something more to this story. Sane people don't treat each other like this. My guess there is something about you she finds irritating or you did something hurtful (why did she want to break up?) but my advice is still the same.
    She broke up because she was leaving for good and we were both of different religions so it would have never worked out anyway. But really, when we started talking again she would say she misses me then the other day she would make a fight out of nothing and then ignore me and so on. She got mad at me cause when her gift arrived, I was asking her when can she pick it up and she was like I don't know and I'm busy and shit, I simply replied "I see". She replied "You see? Cool". And I was like what the hell do you want me to say? And she replies "Nothing, "I see" said it all." Who gets mad at someone for saying I see?

And the other day she mentioned her roommate picked up the gift for her and she was yet to go home and she was like "now you should say I see". I told her no really, I was just checking if you got your stuff, that's all. That was three days ago and I never heard again from her.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What a drama queen. She must be hot. No guy really wants to be 'just friends'. My guess is even if you tried to make it work, it would be a world of hurt. Bullet dodged man. Just move on already.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

What a drama queen. She must be hot. No guy really wants to be 'just friends'. My guess is even if you tried to make it work, it would be a world of hurt. Bullet dodged man. Just move on already.
    She text me yesterday, she said "Got your gift. Amaaaazing. Thank you so much. You made my day". I replied "you're welcome".

Today I thought I just say hi and see what's up, she told me "I don't think we can be friends anymore. I'm so sorry. This is not really working out. Goodbye"

And she stopped replying to me when I tried asking her why or what happened and what's going on.

Talking to Ex after 7 months no contact

Yes of course, you are being played my friend. Why the f uck did you send her a gift. You are clearly being taken for a ride. If I was you I would of shit in a box and sent her that as a gift.

Also what did you send her?

Quote Originally Posted by suddenlynothing View Post
    Yes of course, you are being played my friend. Why the f uck did you send her a gift. You are clearly being taken for a ride. If I was you I would of shit in a box and sent her that as a gift.

Also what did you send her?
    A book, she loves books. Today she said we can't be friends anymore after telling me yesterday that I made her day. And she just cut me off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast