+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To talk or not to talk to EX after reinitiating contact after 7 months no contact

To talk or not to talk to EX after reinitiating contact after 7 months no contact

My ex immigrated a year and a half ago and things were really bad back then. We were not together anymore as it wouldn't work out and decided to stay friends. Things were really good but she then started acting rude and cold. I decided to take sometime away from her, she agreed. Three weeks later I contacted her and she never replied. Cut me off for 7 months.

Four months ago I texte her and she replied. We started talking again. She was nice. She sent me a book that I always wanted to buy. But sometimes, she would just get mad at me over literally nothing. She would act so cold and rude. She would just stop replying and ignore me, despite her being the one who started a fight or something. I sent her a gift a few days back. She was so excited all weel about getting it. When it finally arrived, she had to go pick it up from the carrier. She sounded way less excited. And she got mad at me when all I said was "I see". She was telling me that she doesn't have time to pick it up anytime soon and so I replied "I see". She got mad at me.

Her roommate finally picked up the gift two days ago and yesterday she told me sh was staying over her mom's place and thus haven't seen the gift yet. She then told me "now you should reply I see". I told her I just thought of checking if she got the gift or not yet.

I really don't understand her or why she's being like that most of the time and I dunno what to do. She mostly starts the conversations, and she's nice at first, but she goes cold and rude whenever she gets the chance, and this whole gift thing is just weird.

The idea is one day she's very nice and all and then the other she's so cold. I was asking her if she got her gift so she was like I still didn't pick it up and stop stressing me out to get it. So I replied "I see". She got mad at me for replying "I see" and kept telling me she ain't my punching bag if I'm having a bad day. I explained to her that I did nothing wrong. The other day she said her friend picked up the gift for her but she is yet to be home and see it, and so far, she hasn't text me saying what she thinks.

And a lot of days she's just so rude and cold.

I dunno if I should continue talking to her.

Why don't you get some help for your need to be abused? It's obvious to anyone reading your story that she does not want anything of substance with you and your over-compensation will do NOTHING to endear her to you.

Learn the lesson that you do not buy gifts for people that you do not have a good and reciprocal relationship with.... Doing so before you have establishedf reciprocation, worse doing so when you know your intentions are definitely not wanted or reciprocated is ALWAYS looked upon (even if sub-consciously) as manipulative and self-serving.

Again and repeated so it sinks in (re: thread https://www.loveforum.net/threads/88749-Talking-to-Ex-after-7-months-no-contact): Go zero contact and get yourself over the need to have her in your life. She is not feeling that she needs you in hers.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She gets upset because you can't read her mind. You don't act or respond the way she expects you to and it frustrates the hell out of her, hence the reason for going cold. When you don't respond the way she wants you to she feels you don't care enough for her, and that if you did you would just know these things. In other words, every time you don't "get her", she is let down and pushes you away and that there is no connection.....but there always seems to be a glimmer of hope that you will finally "get it". She's a nut job bro, just cut your losses and cut off contact with her. All she is doing is playing stupid head games....haven't you had enough?

Duplicate post people.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Joe View Post
    So I replied "I see". She got mad at me for replying "I see" and kept telling me she ain't my punching bag if I'm having a bad day. I explained to her that I did nothing wrong.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Joe View Post
    I dunno if I should continue talking to her.
    WTF? really??
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkshire View Post
    She gets upset because you can't read her mind. You don't act or respond the way she expects you to and it frustrates the hell out of her, hence the reason for going cold. When you don't respond the way she wants you to she feels you don't care enough for her, and that if you did you would just know these things. In other words, every time you don't "get her", she is let down and pushes you away and that there is no connection.....but there always seems to be a glimmer of hope that you will finally "get it". She's a nut job bro, just cut your losses and cut off contact with her. All she is doing is playing stupid head games....haven't you had enough?
    She knows pretty well how much I care for her, like there is nothing more I can do to prove that already.

Does she make you happy at least 80% of the time?

If she makes you unhappy most of the time it's probably a sign to move on.

Good luck