+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is she ever going to forgive me

is she ever going to forgive me

My girlfriend and i got into a fight last week in which i called her a piece of **** (it was wrong i know),i have apologized and we have talked since then and have hung out though she said she is still uspet because she never expected me to say that to her.

she sent me a pin on pinterest today saying

"when aquarius is hurt, the recovery process is very long. they cant just snap out of it. already a detached type, they may even grow more distant"

what is she meaning? is this something that is going to take awhile

She is just being dramatic. You are going to have to just ignore her to let her know that you are not going to put up with this crap. Ya sure she is hurt, and you appologized profusely, so what she can't talk it out and let you make it up to her? This has nothing to do with being aquarius, this has a lot to do with maturity. She's acting like a big baby. If you want to shorten her pouting time, cut off contact, ignore her, don't send any messages until she contacts you. She's playing a game to scare you to punish you more that is all. Turn the tables and scare her into thinking she has lost you.

Should you have called her that? Absolutely not. But, it is just one of those things people say when they are angry. We'd all be much better off if we could expunge it from our vocabulary completely, but all of us have said or done things of which they are not proud when angry. Anybody who tells you differently is a liar.

To me, what you said is not THAT bad. Quite frankly, I'd find it a little immature to be THAT upset about it. I mean, unless you said it with particular venom or something, like somehow it came across that you REALLY meant it. Otherwise, in my view, that would be like an adult being VERY upset because somebody called them a "jerk" or a "doody head." LOL!

Should you have apologized? Of course. But you did. You should also make an effort, as best you can, to avoid that kind of name calling (or any kind of name calling, really) in the future. But, when it comes right down to it, I do not see that as being that big of a deal. Hopefully she just needs some time to realize that herself. Good luck, and again, just do your best to fight more constructively if you have an argument next time.

Acutally, name-calling is emotional abuse. should she forgive you? I can't answer that... have you made any changes that will preclude that? I mean real changes, not just saying "I won't do that again".

Frankly, the moment you start name-calling, the relationship is over. It may still flop around a bit like a recently-decapitated chicken, but it's already dead whether the body knows it or not.

This is the first time in our year relationship I have called her a name. It was wrong but it's not like I have done this before

Quote Originally Posted by halifax7889 View Post
    This is the first time in our year relationship I have called her a name. It was wrong but it's not like I have done this before
    Hey, I just knocked him out once... he only lost two teeth. Will he still be my friend?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Hey, I just knocked him out once... he only lost two teeth. Will he still be my friend?
    Oh come on
    Its not like I'm going to make this a habit

- - - Updated - - -

We got into a fight because she lied. She said she was out shopping with her friends but she was out with a male co worker

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else??

Whoa whoa, she was out with a male co-worker??? Dude you need to kick her to the curb. Don't let her try and make you feel bad, hell no! She's having an emotional affair with this dude. In fact they were out on a date. Remember people hide the truth because they know what they are doing, they shouldn't be doing it. You withheld some very important information here. You know what everyone is going say now the the cat is out of the bag. Dump her ass!

Quote Originally Posted by halifax7889 View Post
    Anyone else??
    Halifax, you are a real pussy. She treats you like a bitch, because she knows you'll accept it.

That does change things. LD's right - you need to kick her to the curb.

altho you were wrong, she'll come around or she needs to come around because she was wrong too and her lie is what caused it. don't suck up to that drama queen
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
    - Mae West

I agree dump her. Shes turning her guilt on you
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Where as I would agree name calling should never enter your relationship, I think calling it "emotional abuse" is a bit of an exaggeration. I mean, at least in a case like this. To me, calling someone a "piece of $h*t" ... yeah, that is a bit cruel and immature... but it is one of those generic stupid insults that people tend to just say when they are angry. In my view, it is kind of similar to when you say to somebody "You're an @$$!"

Did the OP really think his girlfriend is a "piece of $h*t?" I highly doubt it. Just like, when someone angrily calls somebody they care about "an @$$" they usually don't actually think they are an @$$. They are just mad. Who hasn't, at some point in their life, done or said something while they were angry that, reflecting upon later, they are not proud of themselves for having done/said?

If the name calling were a constant thing, or particularly hate-filled and venomous, then you might have an argument for it being emotional abuse. But, when the name calling is basically the same kind of thing you'd hear teenagers said to their buddies when they are having a fight, I fail to see that as anything more than just somebody letting their emotions get carried away.

Did you not read through this and his other threads? His GF was on a date with a male co-worker but told him she was out at the mall with GFs.

What a bad girl. I say she has whatever's coming to her.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast