+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Money for College of for Fun?

Money for College of for Fun?

I had a rough last few months, Specifically since October I became very depressed and my flashbacks from an assault that happened a year ago started. I was diagnosed with depression and PTSD and was medicated after I attempted suicide. I was very unhappy. A few months after the assault I started dating a guy who did not help either. He drove my self esteem to the ground and actually caused my suicide attempt. It is now April and I have improved tremendously! I stopped talking to the guy who bought down my self esteem (it has been over a month now) and began focusing on my health. I took a year off from college and now finally am able to leave the house and got a job. On my free time I go to a bookstore to read.

I am still confused on what I want to study when I return to college. So as of now I am saving the money for my job to use towards school. taking a leave messed up my financial aid so I need to save up especially for grad school (iam 21 right now) However all I do is work and read on my day off. I want to be able to join a class especially in self defense to build self confidence and to also meet more people. I do lack friends right now...especially GOOD ones. Do you think it would be smart to sign up for a class or should I just save my money for school" I know it is my decision but I just want to know from your perspective, what would you do? The self defense class is called krav manga and are $200-300. There are other classes as well which are pretty expensive. As for volunteering I don't know what there is I do not want to volunteer in a hospital (i tried it and it was boring) I tried tutoring HS students and wasn't fond of it. And that is it for now

Selfdefense are good thing. Could be usefull. Dont think money you mentionned are too much for it. Saving for college is good thing but you have to enjoy the process along the way too. So go for it and sign up for classes !
    Last edited by pcmaster; 08-04-14 at 11:06 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Save up money yeah