+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend from travelling has sort of randomly decided to visit

nbe is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Friend from travelling has sort of randomly decided to visit

I went travelling late last year and made some cool new friends. One girl I've been chatting to a lot on WhatsApp since December. She was pretty depressed over Xmas and January and I basically just did my best, over a 8 hour time zone difference, to cheer her up. I think she really appreciated it. We stayed in touch pretty much every day and shared photos of our daily lives a fair bit (nothing rude if that's what you're thinking!)

I told her I will almost certainly be in her country later this year (September I think) to see a Formula 1 race, and told her I would love to take her to see it with me which she seemed pretty excited about (possibly more the thought and kindness than the actual sport in question, haha).

Recently though she said her friends are too busy this year to do a holiday together. So she wants to come visit me (13 hour flight) and stay at my place for a week or two, in the summer. I've just signed her sponsor form so she can get a tourist visa.

Tonight she asked randomly if I like girls with nail polish... lol? I think she was with girly friends and they were talking girly stuff. I think I gave an acceptable answer.

Back in January when she was depressed I told her when I feel down I work on exercise, go running or cycling. And that then I usually feel better for a while. I told her she should try it. She seemed to take this on board as she started running and in recent weeks has really stepped it up and seems to go running every couple of days.

I don't know what to make of all this. It will be great to see her again and actually make the friendship "real" again. I don't know if she is expecting something more though? She is quite an insecure girl judging from things we've talked about. Maybe she really finds comfort in me? She is very sweet hearted.

I don't want to get the wrong end of the stick with her as I don't want to spoil what we have, but I think you all know what question I am asking here

Thank you.

Just make a move on her and if she rejects you, kick her out, and continue your online friendship with her. You really can't lose. I wouldn't expect a Singaporean or Malaysian girl to make the first move on you(assuming that's where the F1 race is), so you will have to grow some balls. What's wrong with finding a local lady?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Just make a move on her and if she rejects you, kick her out, and continue your online friendship with her. You really can't lose. I wouldn't expect a Singaporean or Malaysian girl to make the first move on you(assuming that's where the F1 race is), so you will have to grow some balls. What's wrong with finding a local lady?
    Nothing wrong with that of course. But just feels like, other than location, we have quite a bit in common. We even studied the same degree, which may not seem like much but it would if you knew that girls that study this particular subject are fairly rare. We have similar personalities. The location issue doesn't bother me because due to the nature of my job that can be solved anyway, and she knows about that.

Growing some balls isn't the problem. I've already told her she's beautiful, which she is to me, almost any time she sends me a nice photo. I'm not really one to make a move over WhatsApp, I've been down that road before another time and it didn't end well (start well?).

What ever happens I ain't going to kick her out. Come on, that would be incredibly mean and over the top reaction!

Telling a girl she's beautiful doesn't take balls. I really made that comment, because you were too scared to even tell us what you really want. You had to hide behind a weak inference.."I don't want to get the wrong end of the stick with her as I don't want to spoil what we have, but I think you all know what question I am asking here." It basically says, "I'm scared shitless." I'm pretty sure that's the reason you haven't found a local girl and resorted to an online crush half way around the world.

Users Country Flag
    Telling a girl she's beautiful doesn't take balls. I really made that comment, because you were too scared to even tell us what you really want. You had to hide behind a weak inference.."I don't want to get the wrong end of the stick with her as I don't want to spoil what we have, but I think you all know what question I am asking here." It basically says, "I'm scared shitless." I'm pretty sure that's the reason you haven't found a local girl and resorted to an online crush half way around the world.
    Ouch, that hurt somewhat. It's not quite that simple though, you see, my job is actually moving out there later this year. So sure, crush half way around the world is what it might look like on the surface but it probably wouldn't have even got started if it wasn't for that happening to my job.

The only reason I ended my first question with that weak inference is because I was sure you folks here are bored of reading it. Any way, since it seems to matter: Does she like me?!

Putting all your eggs in a basket that far away just screams, meek, to me. You should still be dating local girls, not pining over someone who you haven't even told how you feel. It sounds like she likes you and you probably have a very good shot with her. Don't **** up.

Users Country Flag
    Putting all your eggs in a basket that far away just screams, meek, to me. You should still be dating local girls, not pining over someone who you haven't even told how you feel. It sounds like she likes you and you probably have a very good shot with her. Don't **** up.
    I'm not putting eggs in any basket really. And I'm not pining over her. She's beautiful but doesn't even know it (which she told me is the source of some of her insecurity/depression) so I had to tell her it. It was only when *she* recently asked to visit me, stay at my place, needed me to sign her visa sponsor form, and is flying 13 hours etc etc, that she sent me a strong enough signal that made me wonder if she likes me? I don't really mind either way. It's cool having a friend in that part of the world. And since she's going to stay at my place, then surely she'll reciprocate if I want to visit her country

Sounds like a great friendship. As long as you keep regular touch with her and be reliable she will be there for you. Great when one is down other can lift him up. Like a stairs you can step up on eachother. Dont spoil it dont try anything sexual unless it feels realy right. Cool that you are visiting eachother despite the air gap.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will