+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i being reasonable

am i being reasonable

flirting too much?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there was looking for some advice on situation i have to see wether i am being little unreasonable or am justified in my actions.I have been dating a lovely attractive and outgoing women for few months now and our relationship is going great except for one small problem i think she flirts bit too much with other guys at times.About 2 months into relationship she was on holiday with single girlfriend to greece and when she got home she admitted straightaway she had a very brief drunken kiss with local guy lasting few minutes but that was it and i totally believe her when she said nothing else happened,obviously whilst not over the moon at this i wasn't too upset as holiday had been booked months in advance when she was totally single and at the time looking forward to it big time.However i have noticed that she sometimes in my eyes overdoes flirting when she is out a few weeks ago we were in same club but not together she was with her pals and i was with my mates.I try and keep out of her road most of night as i don't want to come acoss as jealous boyfriend but later on i had ventured downstairs and seen her on dancefloor with good looking guy who was obviously trying to put moves on her(putting his arm around her ,whispering into her ear etc and even although nothing happened between them i felt a bit uncomfarable as she seemed to be enjoying the attention,about 15 mins later she came and found me and was honest about being chatted up,i didn't make too much of a deal of it but did point out to her that there is flirting and then there's FLIRTING and whilst i was totall comfartable with one i wasn't too happy with other,this has happened on couple of ocassions although to be fair she did tell them she had boyfriend so the other night we had talk and i said to her would she be happy if situation was reversed and she admitted probably not and she did apologise and said she would try and flirt little bit less so i guess we will see what happens,any info from guys and especially women would be appreciated,thanks jimmy.

Tone Guest
    No.

Paragraphs are your friend.

I think she will always be a flirt and won't be able to tone it down like you requested. It's part of her personality/nature. If you're not an overly jealous person, or insecure, this could be ok. If, however, you are not, you may be in for trouble. I for one, wouldn't/couldn't stand it.

As long as the flirting doesn't get too touchy/feely or phone numbers aren't exchanged, is see no harm. Women like the attention, certain ones more than others. Good luck with that.

Tone Guest
    Relax dude.

If she's a pretty girl she's gonna get hit on. No, you're not being reasonable.

Kissing other guys is not cool, at all. I would break up right then and there, I am having sort of similar problems right now but no direct evidence. I couldn't be in a relationship with a girl if I saw her hanging all over other guys. Sounds like it really bothers you, you should let her know.

Innocent flirting is fun, but you are right: she does need to know how much is too much. Does she flirt with you, too, Jimmy, or only strangers? Innocent flirting (for women) tends to be distributed fairly evenly to lovers/strangers/men/women.

"... i had ventured downstairs and seen her on dancefloor with good looking guy who was obviously trying to put moves on her(putting his arm around her ,whispering into her ear etc..."

This reminded me of a time I went dancing with a friend, and some guy I was dancing with got a huge erection during a slow song, which he attempted to rub on me (this was before the days of "freak dancing"). I was sooooo embarrassed, I ran off the dance floor. Men can be so pathetic...

Sorry for changing the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    some guy I was dancing with got a huge erection during a slow song, which he attempted to rub on me
    So how "huge" is huge in your book, Shh!?

Huge enough that I certainly noticed! Then again, maybe he just stuffed something down his pants to "impress" the girls.

So these "3 1/2" inchers here on this board don't impress you?

Note to self: Size matters to Shh!

(blushing) I don't even know how to respond...

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    (blushing) I don't even know how to respond...
    Just respond.....by saying "yes".

Do I need to send you that photo again, cowboy?
    Muahahahhahaha!

thanks for the responses everyone as i said we had talk recently and i told her i don't mind her flirting with other guys in a friendly manner but would prefer if she toned it down a little.she agreed that if it was other way round she would be little bit miffed so she said she would compromise which i would be happy with,just will need to see what happens.

i've seen better flirting in a nursing home.

Tone Guest
    LoL that sounds entertaining, 'sombra. :D