+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Our first fight

Our first fight

My girlfriend and I have been dating almost three months now. Shes 19 and I'm 22. About a week ago I found out her last dodge ball competition ever for her was coming up, she plays for the university we go to, and I told her I wanted to go. Her reaction scares me.

She told me that she didn't want me their. Every time I asked why she just told me that I would be bored and no one goes to those any ways. And then she started to question how I found out about it like it was suppose to be a big secrete or something. That whole week I would tease her about it telling her I was going to lay on top of her car and wait for her to leave for the competition. I would get a cutesy smile/laugh back but it was still a no.

The night before the event I sat her down and told her how I really wanted to go. She said no with a very serious tone. When I told her I wanted to be there to support her she changed her story to that she didn't want me there because I would distract her. I hurt like crazy but I told her I would respect her wishes.

The day after the event a friend told her what I did the day of her event. I was kind of depressed so I pretty much locked myself in my dorm and ignored everyone's phone calls/text messages.

She got mad at me and sent me a text saying that it wasn't a big deal that I wasn't there. I sent her back a very long reply on how I felt about it. I didnt hear back from her for a couple hours but she replied back with, "You just made me realize how important going to that was to you. I feel like a bad girlfriend now."

I tried comforting her but I haven't been able to make her feel better. For two days now shes been really distant with me. When I do get a reply from her its a one worded message. She still tells me good morning/night with my pet name along with it, thats about the only glimmer of hope I have.

What do you guys think? I really hate to say this but should I start prepping myself for the worse?

P.S: We do go to the same university but we only get to see each other on average twice a week. Our schedules clash and its usually the weekends we see each other.

You should apologize and respect her wishes next time. You trust her? she trust you? Why were you so hell bent on going?

Next time just say: " OK....call me when youre done and maybe we'll go get dinner" You sounded like a needy d bag

Then she finds out you sulked in your room because of it. Honestly you'll be lucky if she doesn't split. Girls want a man, not a pouty wuss who reacts badly when he doesn't get his way
    Last edited by surfhb2; 10-04-14 at 10:57 PM.

Great little article about the perfect date

I read this article about what makes the perfect date on a blog called weddingphotographyandvideography.net . What to do you guys think about this article?

I remember my perfect date. It was just great conversation with drinks. Sometimes when you take someone out to a restaurant, food can be a little messy. Eating in front of someone new can to quiet nerve racking so having a few drinks is probably the best bet.

Im not sure what the problem is and how can you call that a fight?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I think you guys like each other a lot, but clearly there's something she's hiding from you. Everybody has skeletons In the closet they don't want their gfbf to see. I remember going on these kind of sports things. Afterwards it was always party time. Maybe she feels that if you go there you'll be in her face too much? I mean, I think she doesn't want you introduced to all her friendship groups. Sometimes at university, being labeled as the girl in a relationship makes you a social pariah. Ostracising yourself from general banter etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'd be unhappy with my gf if she did that too. Expectations and standards towards what u have together need to be similar from both points of view.

I'm guessing she would be fine if u disappeared sometimes to do whatever you want and she wouldn't question it.either because she wants to protect her own freedom to sleep around secretly... I think its because she just doesn't care about you the same way u do for her.

I think your all over reacting. Maybe shes just not v good at dodgeball and doesnt want to be embarressed. When I first started playing basketball I didnt want anybody to see me.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I dunno Michelle... her reaction seems way all out of proportion to me.

I wonder what she was hiding.

Here's an update:

She called me out of the blue last night. She was acting kind of weird. Like she was talking in a high pitched voice and was laughing at almost every thing I had to say. Before the convo ended I asked her if we were still going out friday and she replied with, "Of course silly. I miss my (pet name)"

This morning she started out with being distant with me again. I apologized again and sent her mushy sayings. She replied back with that it has been a weird week and that she was looking forward to a relaxing weekend with me. But nsow shes being distant again with the one worded messages. Shes never done that before

To make the situation worse I found out this afternoon that she liked her exs photo on facebook. When we first started dating she told me that they ended on good terms and that she was going to keep him on facebook but was going to ignore him. This is the first time she has liked anything from him in the three months I have been with her. Why would she do that?

Everyone fights, that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnyB View Post
    To make the situation worse I found out this afternoon that she liked her exs photo on facebook. When we first started dating she told me that they ended on good terms and that she was going to keep him on facebook but was going to ignore him. This is the first time she has liked anything from him in the three months I have been with her. Why would she do that?
    Oh good god. FB is de debil when it comes to insecure relationships.

Stop asking us - ask her.