+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would women date a man over 30 who had never married?

Would women date a man over 30 who had never married?

Simply put: would women date a man who was over 30 and who had never married? Or, would they prefer that he at least have some marriage experience by age 30?

Would women view a guy in his 30s who had never married as clearly a problem?

Of course they would. Why the silly question?

Previous relationships bring experience indeed, but not always a positive one, unfortunately many people who feel they gave too much before can give too little to the new partner who does nothing wrong, or distrust their intentions just because they were cheated on before, for example. Often previous relationships or marriages leave one with financial and emotional problems, shared property, loans, custody for children, etc., that need a few good years to be dealt with in the right way most of the times. So a person who doesn't have this kind of problems, or has been able to solve them without bringing these conflicts in the new relationship, has more chances for an equitable new relationship and is preferred to one that still carries a lot of baggage from his/her ex.
    Last edited by Valixy; 13-04-14 at 05:02 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, I think you should only date divorced, troubled men with no money and small kids. That will make things so much easier for you both.

I will say that I think it behooves 2nd wives and husbands to have a chat with the ex, whenever possible. Especially if you are dating the dumpee. Remember, their ex married this person for a reason but they also *left* for a reason.

Most people stick their heads in the sand on such things though. Oh well.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

One's past relationships is not anyone's business.
    If someone will nit date you based on whether or not you were married before, they are probably looking for ANY excuse to not date.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

I would prefer someone who has never married. I would nit want the drama of an ex-wife. I guess it all depends on why he's still singled or why he got divorced.

nothing wrong being unmarried over age 30. he just havent met the right one. it jolly well could be u

If he'd never dated, I'd have grave concerns. But I can't see the relevance in whether or not he'd ever married.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Inexadra View Post
    Simply put: would women date a man who was over 30 and who had never married? Or, would they prefer that he at least have some marriage experience by age 30?

Would women view a guy in his 30s who had never married as clearly a problem?
    Marriage experience? Is that a new thing? "Yes, I would like my man to have marriage experience". Doesn't sound right to me. A man over 30 who has never married is more of a catch than a divorced man IMHO.
    Last edited by Satina; 19-04-14 at 09:12 PM.

Id be more likely to avoid divorced men. It depends though as I would stay away from anyone with comittment issues. Example: if hed stayed with the same girl for 10+ years, never married and dumped her just as shes ready to start a family-I would question his morals and why he strung her along for so long.. so the question is too broad to give a real answer
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

They would definitely do.

Yes, I would.

I would, and that would make me a cougar lol

- - - Updated - - -

These days people have realized divorced means baggage and that is something most of us have learned to avoid.