+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This guy I met texted me once or twice and then stopped?

This guy I met texted me once or twice and then stopped?

So, there's this guy I met at the grocery store (weird I know) lol but, he was handsome and he asked if I was single, we talked for a while and then he asked for my number. He even hugged me goodbye. He texts me right after and says here's the convo. Let's call him "Bob".

Hey Jenna, it's Bob.

Me: Oh, hi! Did you find your protein thing? lol

Bob: Vitamin C and yes I did. lol

Me: Well, that's good! lol

And, then he didn't respond anymore. It's been almost a week and I haven't heard or seen anything lately. I was wondering if I should invite him to one of my upcoming gigs but, he hasn't contacted me lately so, I'm not sure if I should.

I don't want to be waiting around forever to hear from a guy. It's not fun. lol So, what do you think? Would you ask him or would say forget it because he hasn't contacted you in a while?

Yes, contact him.

I would say go ahead and contact him. I would even so there is no harm in giving him a couple tries if things don't take off the first time. But, if after a while, he doesn't ever reciprocate, then stop contacting him.

He could just be one of those people who doesn't text a lot. I have friends who are on all sorts of different ranges when it comes to stuff like that. I have friends who could text with you all day. I have friends who rarely ever text, and if they do it is one or two messages and that is it, or they won't necessarily respond for days at a time. Then, I've had friends who may text with you back and forth all day one day, then another day you text them and only get a message or two. All of them have been some of my best friends in the world, and I've learned that, no matter their particular "style" it doesn't actually mean they do or don't have interest in me as a friend. It is just their personal style for such things. (Which is saying a lot coming from a guy like me with little to no self-esteem, as things like that used to convince me the person wanted nothing to do with me.)

What was the point of all that crazy I just dumped on you? ....I forget! OH! Right....

So, yeah, contact him. Give him a chance. It is okay for you to try to get the ball rolling as well. But, if he doesn't ever reciprocate, and you two never actually make solid plans, then don't keep being the first to contact him. Give him a chance or two, but if it doesn't go anywhere, then move on. Then the ball is in his court. At that point, either he contacts you, or you move on. If he finally gets his act together, and you've already met somebody, then that is his loss.

Either way, good luck. I hope it works out for you, whether it is with this fella, or some other guy.