+ Follow This Topic

Thread: See? Singles *ARE* discriminated against.

See? Singles *ARE* discriminated against.

Take a look at these articles. I'm not crazy when I say that married folks have everything and singles get the shaft:

http://www.yourtango.com/2013194029/national-singles-week-single-why-its-still-acceptable-discriminate-against-singles

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/living-single/201301/is-what-it-costs-be-single

I often remind my married/engaged friends that in our society, they are royalty. Married folks are far less likely to live in poverty. They are more likely to qualify for mortgages and promotions at work. They're accepted into the club of married folks. They don't pay singles supplements when they travel. They're viewed as having a superior degree of responsibility and maturity.

Shall I call the Whaaaaambulance?

I can tell you losing all my liquid assets in a divorce was no trip in the park. It was devastating.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Shall I call the Whaaaaambulance?
    I think you should...someone is about to have a coronary... or maybe not... he probably just needs to get a life or get laid... I don't know, but he definitely needs something.