+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are people so rude here?

Why are people so rude here?

I cannot believe how rude some of the posters have been.

I am trying very hard to fix a deep-seated fear I have of being social and a problem with depression I've been having for many years now. I have tried medications, I have tried therapy,...

Yet, I come to this forum seeking some help and guidance and support, and I encounter just outright hostility and nastiness from people.

Yes, I am a skeptic. That is who I am and I have always been one. You may not agree with my skepticism, but that is absolutely NO reason to insult me. I have had deep and spirited disagreements with people on a whole range of issues before, yet I have NEVER resorted to calling them "dicks", "douchebags", or "imbeciles", or suggesting that they kill themselves (as one poster here did to me).

All this nastiness and rudeness is doing is reinforcing my fear of people.

Why are people here so rude? Is anyone here willing to be patient and accepting?

Hi Inexadra and welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Loveadmin took the time to be very inviting and polite to you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Most of the regulars here aren't rude... but they're blunt.

I am blunt, because I see no reason to waste time with you. No insult to you.

Well, besides calling you a douchebag, and for that I apologize.

Likewise, I apologise for calling you a dickhead. But I'm not going to spend time debating why my advice is good/bad. You can either take my advice or leave it....I don't really care either way.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Most of the regulars here aren't rude... but they're blunt.

I am blunt, because I see no reason to waste time with you. No insult to you.

Well, besides calling you a douchebag, and for that I apologize.
    Tool lol

My favorite tool song is stink fist.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk unless there is something I don't know about this guy I don't see why people are so antagonistic toward him. I mean I think it's great that people here can excercize freedom of speech and do some name calling. I don't want the rules to be strict and I hope you will tell me I'm a douchebag if I'm being one, but at the same time, if this person is very fragile, I don't think it's good to treat him/her like shit.

Inexandra, you should not overestimate human beings in general. Most are competitive, selfish, need to fit in and lack compassion. This being said, there are also genuinely nice people who can influence you in a positive way. Don't waste your time with people who upset you and look for those who are worth your time.

The only people I have found in life that try to offer their best without being judgemental, measure their words and the impact they could have on others, don't push one who is already down, are those who are aware of their own imperfections, try to become better people and also have a spiritual or humanatarian dimension.

Yea, too bad Jesus and Ghandi are no longer with us O.O.

Even GOD (as per the old testament) was non-empathetic and certainly the most judgemental of others.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yea, too bad Jesus and Ghandi are no longer with us O.O.
    But they are, WU, in the world of the spirit and even in the physical one :-) Happy Easter! The celebration in Spain lasts for the entire week!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Even GOD (as per the old testament) was non-empathetic and certainly the most judgemental of others.
    The only way the limited consciousness of people two thousand years ago could understand God, it's not who God was or is :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    The only way the limited consciousness of people two thousand years ago could understand God, it's not who God was or is :-)
    Ironically, the people of limited consciousness(says you) who followed the Bible two thousand years ago did not see it as oppressive(or at least weren't vocal about it). The comment about God being not being empathetic and being judgmental of other, is a modern view on the inherent hypocrisy of the Bible. ****ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    But they are, WU, in the world of the spirit and even in the physical one :-) Happy Easter! The celebration in Spain lasts for the entire week!

Old Testament - 7,000 or so years. New Testament - Roughly 1500 - 1700 years ago.

Old Testament - 7,000 or so years. New Testament - Roughly 1500 - 1700 years ago.
    Thank you for adding the specification :-)

BTW - Their consciousness wasn't any more limited then than ours is, just their technology.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Ironically, the people of limited consciousness(says you) who followed the Bible two thousand years ago did not see it as oppressive(or at least weren't vocal about it). The comment about God being not being empathetic and being judgmental of other, is a modern view on the inherent hypocrisy of the Bible. ****ing idiot.
    That's why they needed an advanced being who chose to be born on Earth to teach them better. Humanity did however kept misinterpreting his teachings and filtered them through their distorted personalities when applying them.

The Old Testament is of course a distorted adaptation of what those primitive minds could perceive their superior consciousness was transmitting them :-)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW - Their consciousness wasn't any more limited then than ours is, just their technology.
    I slightly disagree :-) We haven't evolved much since then, but still there is some undeniable progress.
    Last edited by Valixy; 16-04-14 at 11:56 AM.

You can disagree all you want. We haven't evolved at all since then. The difference between Homo Sapiens then and now is nil, bar technology, which brings more leisure for intellectual pursuits. Arguing about it won't change that fact.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast