+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you like shy guys?

Do you like shy guys?

I'm naturally shy but am working extremely hard at getting rid of it and have always been ashamed of it. However, I've heard some women are attracted to shy guys. You?

I'm fine with making the first move if he's too shy to do so. But a guy has got to be able to hold up his end of the conversation and talk easily and comfortably if I'm to bother with him further.

When I read of all the issues you mentioned on another thread, I'd say that it's unlikely a girl will find this amount of insecurity attractive.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I can confirm basil makes the first move.

Basil has been known to scare guys
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I'm fine with making the first move if he's too shy to do so. But a guy has got to be able to hold up his end of the conversation and talk easily and comfortably if I'm to bother with him further.

When I read of all the issues you mentioned on another thread, I'd say that it's unlikely a girl will find this amount of insecurity attractive.
    Of course not! The women that I could get with are simply those who are looking for friends with benefits. If I had financial, mental, and emotional stability I coul look more into relationship.

I'm not shy during my manic phases and intimacy only scares me when I am sober.

Shy if polite guys too. If someone feels comfortable with another they probably won't be as shy so it is only a matter of feeling close to another to break that shyness.

Painfully shy is creepy. Shy is too challenging. It sucks when you are in social situations and you have to carry the convos while they stand there all duh.

When meeting someone for the first time, I feel more at ease if they are a bit shy. Loud, overconfident people make me uncomfortable. But no, I am not automatically attracted to someone just because they are shy. It's just more likely that we're going to get along.

As you can see by reading my answer and smackie's answer, it all depends on the person you're asking and even then, it's not necessarily directly correlated to attraction. I've been attracted both to very shy and to very extroverted guys.
    Last edited by searock; 21-04-14 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Matthew View Post
    I'm not shy during my manic phases and intimacy only scares me when I am sober.
    Well that's all fine then o_0

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Loud, overconfident people make me uncomfortable.
    For good reason, too. It's a great way to detect sociopaths, or people with other mental disorders.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Basil has been known to scare guys
    Strong, confident, intelligent women often do scare guys that are weak and insecure.

Some of us though... find that sexy as hell.