+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dont know what to think

dont know what to think

I've been seeing this girl for 3 months. We aren't official because she says she wants to work on somethings and she wants to make sure the relationship will last for the long haul. I've been patient with her and haven't been pushing the issue. Recently she became friends with her ex on fb. They were together for 4.5 years, engaged, and she ended it this past august. He has/had drug problems. No job. No car no license. She psid for everything. They tried to make things work in October to no avail. First should I be worried she won't commit and second should I worry about something happening with the ex

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, and yes.

Girls who like loser-men tend to enjoy the drama of it all, so nice guys may seem a bit boring to them. I think you may need to assert yourself a little more.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah she her choice in men wasn't the best. She has told me she likes how nice I am to her. We also do everything a couple does. We are spending the weekend with each others families for Easter. I'm meeting her grandparents for the first time. I don't see why she would want me to do this if she didn't want a relationship eventually

lalalita Guest
    I don't buy her reasoning behind not wanting to commit to you. It sounds to me like she's keeping you around, but at arms length, for the comfort while still keeping her feelers out for other opportunities (IE: Getting back with her ex) If someone wants to be exclusive, they will be exclusive.

When I see her this weekend I'm going to ask her to be exclusive. If she can't I'm going to move on. She has reasurred me she doesn't feel any different for me and is excited to see what the future holds. Hopefully everything will workout

Do it before weekend bullshit with your families. Tell her if she doesn't want to at least be exclusive, there is no reason to continue, and definitely not to meet each other's families.