+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like a Chinese Girl

I like a Chinese Girl

Hello, i'm a foreigner currently studying in chongqing. So i met this girl and i like her and i think she likes me (unless she undergoing some sort of infatuation). Okay so, at times she text me all day and then some days, nothing. Also she is often saying she is bored and want to do some stuff, but then when i ask her to come do some sports with me she says she feel lazy. She is also a little shy and she is learning English so she can manage a proper conversation but sometimes she can't express herself correctly i guess.

So i want to know if maybe she is interested in me, or just being friends. And what should i do/how to approach and engage?
    First chinese/asian girl i have ever been interested in.
    oh also, i'm 19 and she is 19.

You're going to have to learn a bit more about dating in the Chinese culture before you do anything. Is there someone you can talk to about this before you ask her out?

In some cultures, the man is expected to do all the asking of the dates, and pay for everything. Do you have enough money for this?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    You're going to have to learn a bit more about dating in the Chinese culture before you do anything. Is there someone you can talk to about this before you ask her out?

In some cultures, the man is expected to do all the asking of the dates, and pay for everything. Do you have enough money for this?

Hello again, i tried to ask a chinese friend and he said that he has been with his girl friend since he was 14 years old and he was just lucky, he's not sure how i should engage because i'm a foreigner. He says although chinese girls find foreigners interesting, they may be a litttle reluctant/scared (his words not mine) to engage in a serious relationship. He think i should keep trying to get to know her and 'maybe' with time she will open up. He also told me that paying for everything is not exactly true, some girls will refuse that you pay for them unless you are in a very serious relationship.

I was corresponding with a Chinese woman on a dating site once. I commented to her that I thought it was strange to find a Chinese woman on a dating site because it must be very easy for a woman to find love in China due to the fact that there are so many more men than women there. She said no, it was the same there as anywhere else and that most Chinese men are not interested in love anyway. That was enlightening to me, and I hope it will help you in some way too. Good luck to you.

So... you've asked her a few times to come and do sports with you, and she's said she's feeling lazy?

Perhaps you might consider the notion that she's not into sports and would like to something else.

You're welcome.

Well, that's sort of true. She is not really into sport, but she said herself she wanted to exercise more to lose weight and stay healthy. I got some new info that she is actually a little lazy. Sometimes her girlfriends will go out, but she usually don't join them, unless they are going out to eat or shop for some specific things.

Also she never text first, is that a girl's rule or something like that?

Thank you all for the help