+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyfriend of two years won't propose, why not?

I have talked to a few male co-workers about this subject and they told me they became more resistant when their GF became more persistent. They found it totally irritating, because it looked to them that their GF felt entitled to it.

So stop it, let it just happen whenever it happens. If you don't see a ring on your finger next year, end the relationship.

I still don't understand if she wants it so much, why she doesn't just ask him "will you marry me". It doesn't matter who says it first, what matters is that both persons want it... it appears that he doesn't and nagging about it won't change things, it will only make him feel like he can just postpone indefinitely with absolutely no consequence if not more nagging (which is clearly irritating and pointless).

She said she's not "nagging" him but rather he's the one that brings it up but never follows through with actual plans. *shrugs*

When I ask why he keeps bringing it up, I am referring to the fact that he brings it up first. When he doesn't act on it after he brings it up, I then ask him about it. I am not the one who initiates it.
    I think Most women want their man to ask them to marry them rather then they being the one's to ask. It just feels like the right order of things to most of us.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 21-04-14 at 11:12 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Oh, my bad, I must have missed that part. In any case, it seems like he's only saying it because he thinks that's what she wants to hear. If she's the one who wants to get married "more", or more urgently, then she's the one who should propose, IMO. *shrug* They're way too young to get married anyway - she certainly is, still a kid.

If marriage is that important to you, you should have found someone who feels strongly about it rather than try to change a man's mind. You found someone who doesn't value it. So, either find another man who feels more strongly about marriage or accept the way he is.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Maybe he brings it up when you start losing interest in him. Some men can lead a woman on for years with promises of marriage. It's alot like the way a woman can lead a man on with promises of sex, but never really put out. He probably knows it's something you want and he can milk it by talking about it and never actually doing anything.

If a man even chooses to get married these days, he chooses extremely wisely. Is the sex is any good? What will this woman look like in a few years? Can she cook? How are her cleaning skills? Does she have earning potential? Will she make a decent mother? Etc. No man will ever tell a woman this to her face. Divorce and child support laws in the West highly favor the woman. Women are rewarded for dumping the husband after children are born. She gets to be a mom; he gets to pay child support for decades. Not to mention, in many marriages, the sex becomes non-existent after the honeymoon, and the man is reduced to begging for it, or cheating.

Also, think about it. How does marriage benefit you or do you just want to get married because of a fairytale? If he has money and you get to have a piece of that if you get married, you have a good reason. If he doesn't really earn much, why do you want to get married to him? You would be stuck playing the wife role of cleaning up after him and cooking for him, in return for very little. Really, I urge you to think more carefully about this.

Many women want to get married because they want to have kids. That is a legitimate reason too. But you already have that. What do you gain by getting married?
    Last edited by fearoflove; 28-04-14 at 06:35 AM.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Maybe he brings it up when you start losing interest in him. Some men can lead a woman on for years with promises of marriage. It's alot like the way a woman can lead a man on with promises of sex, but never really put out. He probably knows it's something you want and he can milk it by talking about it and never actually doing anything.

If a man even chooses to get married these days, he chooses extremely wisely. Is the sex is any good? What will this woman look like in a few years? Can she cook? How are her cleaning skills? Does she have earning potential? Will she make a decent mother? Etc. No man will ever tell a woman this to her face. Divorce and child support laws in the West highly favor the woman. Women are rewarded for dumping the husband after children are born. She gets to be a mom; he gets to pay child support for decades. Not to mention, in many marriages, the sex becomes non-existent after the honeymoon, and the man is reduced to begging for it, or cheating.
    Damn Straight! I made sure my lady would cook and clean like a champ before I put a rock on dat finga !!

Also.....yeah!! Those single Moms got it good !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12