+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is masturbation a sin

Is masturbation a sin

I'm single female virgin. I've been reading that masturbation is a sin. But on the same hand if u go around and have sex with different ppl it is a sin too. Wth

lol no it is not! It's a gift from God, and it's good for your health and well being. If God didn't want us to masturbate, he would have put our genitals in the middle of our backs so we couldn't reach. Sleeping around can spread disease, that's probably why they deemed it a sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina26 View Post
    I'm single female virgin. I've been reading that masturbation is a sin. But on the same hand if u go around and have sex with different ppl it is a sin too. Wth
    Diddling little alter boyzzz is a sin but it doesn't seem to stop a lot of priests.

I think the only hypocrites that believe masturbation is a sin is the Catholic Hierarchy.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-04-14 at 09:09 AM. Reason: O.o
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thank u guys I think the same. Rather masturbatw than sleeping around

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina26 View Post
    I suppose it would depend on what your fantasy is when you masturbate. When Ted Bundy fantasized about raping, strangling, decampitating, and abusing corpses which eventually lead to acting the fantasies out, I'd say YES, very offensive to the God who sat back and did nothing as he tortured and murdered innocent people and children.

However, I think it's great when women are willing to masturbate for the purpose of getting to know their body and not feeling ashamed by the double starndard stigma attached to it.

No its not a sin and it is also a great sleeping aid... free too

Helps with the cramps that come with pms.

Not a sin, but you'll go blind which is why you see so many people with huge foreheads, noses, but no eyes. Oh yeah, you'll grow hair on your palms.

No and even if it was, it doesnt stop billions of people doing it. Its your body and you can do what you want.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yeah, it's probably a sin. But I'm athiest, so I don't care.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Wouldn't being an "atheist" mean you wouldn't believe in "sin" as dictated by God?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Being an atheist means not believing in god(s). It's just made up nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Wouldn't being an "atheist" mean you wouldn't believe in "sin" as dictated by God?
    Ah yes. I can see now that my post would cause confusion.

first sentence: I was responding from a religious perspective for the OP. If she's worried that it's a sin, she must believe in God. And yeah, for those who believe, it's probably a sin.

Second sentence: I don't believe in God and I don't believe in sin. There's nothing wrong with masturbation in my world
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Its probably better you do your own research about matters of theology instead of asking members of a love problem forum.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

the physical act isn't a sin but what goes on in one's head during the session supposedly is.

Pretty much anything is a so-called sin though. Sleeping in, eating too much, working on the day of sabbath (Sunday here in the USA), cussing, smoking a cig, having hateful thoughts, wanting too much, etc...
    So why worry about one of the sins that is a great stress reliever.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast