+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I always seem to get the shorter end of the stick.

I always seem to get the shorter end of the stick.

Ive always heard the popular quot "Love don't live here anymore" and I try to live by that quot, but somehow, someway I find myself meeting someone and being the most happiest person in life. It doesnt take much to impress me at all, all I need is time and attention. Lately it seems like i'd be lucky if I got just that. I always find myself on the bathroom floor crying my eyes out and relatively depressed. People move on from me as if I am nothing, a non factor, generally not important at all. Everyone hates me and I dont know why. Ive convinced myself that maybe its because Im ugly, or I am boring, too skinny, too tall, too dark, too calm, pathetic, introverted, not womanly enough, too shy, stupid, dumb, crazy, ugly ugly UGLY........ I'm losing sleep over people who forgot about me eons ago. I hardly have an appetite, and I'm losing so much weight, I have no life, Im dangerously suffering in silence. Why me? or am I playing the blame game? Maybe its not them? Maybe it is me? Sorry if this post seems like I need to check into a mental institute, I am just venting since I have no one else to talk to.
    Love sucks for me....
    eff it.......Im done

I'll talk to you. I have lots of time on my hands. Maybe you just need someone to talk to. It can't hurt.

Ms Lee, I'm assuming you're referring to all friendships and not just relationships?

If this happens to all your friendships, then it probably is something you're doing wrong. For starers, your approach of just wanting time and attention isn't what other people want from a friendship. People need commonality in order to have a lasting friendship. Doesn't mean you have to be like twins, but there has to be more than one common element. I was saying to a friend the other day "we're soooo different, but also the same"

What are your social skills like? Can you talk about someone else's interests? Can you tell when people are bored and the conversation needs to change? Are you generally positive in your outlook when you're with people? Would you choose to hang out with someone like you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I am generally talking about relationships. Serious relationships. I feel like I am not the idealistic girlfriend because I cant seem to keep the men I date interested...

"the idealistic girlfriend"? are you serious? there is no such thing as idealistic girlfriend/boyfriend! don't bother yourself with such thoughts. the Serious relationships you said was realy that serious? i am afraid that you are taking rejection too hard. Everybody gets bored at some point. re-evaluate your relationships in order to find what's wrong with them, not you.