+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need male perspective

Need male perspective

So in short, if you would contact your ex after a year and ask her out for drink, would that be cuse you wanna be friends and chat or you want something more? To add to the story, invitation to a drink ended with deep conversations and flirting. We agreed to see each other more now...i'm very confused, because i still have feelings for him but i can't get it around what he wants. The chemistry was there again but we haven't talked now for a few days.

Any opinions please, advice?

A typically effective approach to this sort of problem is simply asking the other person.

I was expecting an answer like that haha..but i think he is as confused as me and i don't wanna ask him this question immediately. Just wondered if you had similar experience and how did it end.

Why wouldn't you ask the question immediately? "so, what's this "drinks" all about?" seems like a good way to phrase it
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature View Post
    Just wondered if you had similar experience and how did it end.
    Yes. It ended with me inside her.

I can't deal with exes. Personally once I break things off it's over. There's always a reason for breaking up so why revisit it?

It all depends on how you broke up originally. There can always be space for friendship. I think he's asking you out again because he misses you. Also because he is lonely.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Its been a whole year and still have feelings for him??? Girl go see a therapist and get a life. Exes are meant to stay in the past
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Are either of you in a relationship with anyone else? If not, then message him and see what the response is, he might be feeling as confused as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature View Post
    So in short, if you would contact your ex after a year and ask her out for drink, would that be cuse you wanna be friends and chat or you want something more? To add to the story, invitation to a drink ended with deep conversations and flirting. We agreed to see each other more now...i'm very confused, because i still have feelings for him but i can't get it around what he wants. The chemistry was there again but we haven't talked now for a few days.

Any opinions please, advice?
    Editing: make sure the reasons you broke up with him have all been resolved and that he actually wants to be your boyfriend again before you show him that he can pull you right into bed without commitment. Let us know if he's contacted you again since your "drink" I'm curious.
    You don't sound confident enough (since you were too intimidated to actually ask what his point of contacting you after all this time was) so I suspect you'll not be one of those that can compartmentalize sex from love.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 21-04-14 at 01:20 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The ability of separating sex from love is not a question of confidence or intimidation. Its a question of managing emotions and questioning long held belief systems. Both which take measures of reflection and experience.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It's a no brainer all he wants is sex, or he was hoping it would be offered. He's hoping to get into your pants, mess with your head and then move on when he meets someone new. He's not looking for something serious hun, you need to move on.

Thank you for you answers, i will let you know if anything else will evolve.

And yes i still have feelings for him after a year, i don't know, we knew each other from a very young age and you know, first deep love. I know i should let it go but i'm having trouble with it, i hate that because i want to be "free" again. Which i kinda was until he contaced me and mixed my head again, on one side i'm angry because of that but my other side is kinda happy(T_T).

We ended on a rather good note, it wasn't cuse we stopped loving each other or something like that.

And i wouldn't say his only interest was sex since he was waiting for me to take the intiative and asking me "what does all this mean etc", or is that part of his plan haha, kinda lame tho.

...i'm just in a middle here, cuse i don't know if getting him back is a good idea and on the other side i still feel like he's my only true love and can't forget him. Kinda hate myself for that but that's how i feel.
    Last edited by Nature; 22-04-14 at 02:42 PM.

Don't go to bed with him until you've established that you're actually a couple. If you have sex and he moves on again, he'll devastate you if you still have feelings for him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion