+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does being a fighter get you girls?

Does being a fighter get you girls?

Does it? Seems like when girls know I'm an amateur fighter they dig it. I'm not even pro...I can't even imagine how much girls a guy gets by just being a pro fighter. What are your thoughts?

Wouldn't work for me. I hear 'fighter' and think 'moronic thug'.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Most women wouldn't enjoy their loved one being punched, kicked or hitting someone for scoring points. Some combat sports practiced under regulations and strict supervision are more acceptable probably.

More acceptable....but still not attractive. I had a friend who was boxing and I banned him from discussing it around me. Just find the whole concept offensive.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Does being a fighter get you girls?

No, people assume your a thug instead of someone who actually trains in an art form that commands, discipline and physical strength, plus the ability to take punishment

Most the people I train with never fight outside on the street, as they nothing to prove.

People will moan and bitch until they are faced with a problem, then your the first person they come to see.

On the flip side of the coin, women fighters (MMA, stuff like that) for some reason are very intriguing to me. But, I'm probably weird. ....Well.... I'm DEFINITELY weird.... but I'm probably just weird in this case too.

I would say many professional fighters have the Alpha male thing going, which will attract some women. Successful fighters may also have some money to play with, so that may attract some women. But Alphas and the wealthy can attract women without being fighters. So when you strip those things away, you have men who like to beat up other people and get beat up in return. Is that in itself an attractive trait? I doubt it.

Also women claim to like intelligent men. As to whether or not intelligence and being a fighter are mutually exclusive, I believe is beyond the scope of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    On the flip side of the coin, women fighters (MMA, stuff like that) for some reason are very intriguing to me. But, I'm probably weird. ....Well.... I'm DEFINITELY weird.... but I'm probably just weird in this case too.

I kinda know what you are sayin. They are intriguing however my perception is they have anger issues possibly from a rough child hood. Being over powered would turn me on to a degree though it's more a sexual thing.

In saying that if I was actually being attacked by a woman I doubt i'd be able to hit her as it's inbuilt in me that you don't hit women. I'm not the fighting type at all.

I use to have a thing for muscular woman. It was more a fantasy until I eventually got with one. It actually didnt do much for me as it felt like I was with a man. Her shoulders were as big as mine.

I should of left it at a fantasy. lol
    Last edited by smiling100; 25-04-14 at 05:08 PM.

I guess it makes sense when you put it like that. I kind of find it attractive when a girl can actually defend herself. I'm in the same boat as you as far as having it ingrained in me never to hit women. I don't mean this in any sexist kind of way. I am well aware that some women are just as strong as some men. I am well aware that there are women who could kick my butt in a fair fight. So it isn't like I'm some kind of macho meat-head who thinks "I can hit a woman, because then I'd hurt her really badly." It is just ingrained in me that guys shouldn't hit women.

Dunno that I would say I am also not the fighting type, though. I don't go out looking for fights, and have actually never been in one (mostly because a lot of people seem to be afraid of me for some reason) but I would not be above defending myself by any means necessary if a guy ever attacked me.

I've personally never been interested in super muscular women, but I have to say I got a chuckle out of your story. No offense intended at all, but I just cracked up at the line where you said it felt like you were with a man. LOL!

Anyway, wasn't trying to derail this topic. Back to your originally scheduled programming.

Ask GSP, Rich Franklin, Dan Hardy, Brian Caraway, Shane Carwin (he has ZERO game with women btw), etc. and hell even half of the amateurs near where I live. Yes it can get you girls. However, I can tell you right from the get go that if that's your motivation for getting into MMA you have no chance of even reaching an amateur journeyman level. You'll go to one class, realize how utterly defenseless you are against anyone who knows what they're doing, realize how much you have to dedicate yourself to the art in order for that to not be the case anymore, and want nothing to do with it from that point on. Whatever physical endeavors you've taken on up until now, I guarantee that this is harder, more strenuous, and requires more discipline than any of it (with a possible exception if you are a varsity wrestler or something).

If you want to do it, do it for the love of the game and/or because you want to learn the most effective way the world has ever known to defend yourself in any hand to hand altercation. Those are the guys that actually stick around and get good, making the most out of their training.

Much of the reason why a lot of MMA fighters are able to attract women is because most of these people are the nicest, coolest people you'll ever meet. It takes a level of character that most people don't have to actually get good at something this challenging and any ego that most of these people come into the gym with gets beaten out of them rather quickly (getting good means getting dominated by people better than you for awhile in pretty much every discipline that constitutes MMA so if you're not capable of leaving ego at the door - which most dumb brute types are not - then you have no chance barring the occasional genetic anomaly).
    Last edited by dickriculous; 26-04-14 at 07:46 AM.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.