+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adivce please!

Adivce please!

Hello there,

Quick question from a 15 year old. Is it considered rude or un-gentlemanly to ask a girl whether she has feelings for you?

Me and this girl have been good friends for a long time and although I'm fairly confident she likes me more than a friend I want to be sure before making a move - there is a risk she doesn't have feelings for me and I fear if I make a move and she doesn't have feelings for me it may risk our friendship.

Thanks

The best way to find out if a girl likes you is by pretending you're someone else.
    Contact her via the Internet, claim you're some random guy, become friend with her, stick to your fake persona and then, when the timing is right, ask her if she has a boyfriend or is interested in someone.
    And there you go, you've got your answer and haven't ruined your friendship.

Be careful tho, revealing your true identity or telling her what you've done later on would be a fatal mistake.
    Last edited by RainbowJohns; 25-04-14 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks for the reply, and good plan. However are you saying asking her straight will ruin our friendship if she doesn't have feelings for me?
    Last edited by InMyOwnWorld; 25-04-14 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by InMyOwnWorld View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and good plan. However are you saying asking her straight will ruin our friendship if she doesn't have feelings for me?
    Yes it would, I've made this mistake countless times.

The Internet method is the best one however, be prepared, you may not like what you're about to hear.
    She could always reply "Oh i really like this *random popular guy*, he's pretty hot." and unintentionally destroy you emotionally.

Lastly, your fake persona should have a different writing style than your own.
    If you don't act like a retard, you're never gonna get caught.
    Trust me, I've been doing this stuff for the last 11 years to figure out all kinds of info on people.
    Last edited by RainbowJohns; 25-04-14 at 01:09 PM.

Ya but what if she figured out this sham was put on by you....she wouldn't like it, and look at you as a flippin insecure tool.
    Man up and ask her out to the movies or something....tell her you would like her to be your GF. Girls like a confident guy, not some sneaky weinie

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ya but what if she figured out this sham was put on by you....she wouldn't like it, and look at you as a flippin insecure tool.
    Man up and ask her out to the movies or something....tell her you would like her to be your GF. Girls like a confident guy, not some sneaky weinie
    Don't listen to her, she's gonna ruin your friendship for good.

She's never gonna figure out who you are if you act like an intelligent person.

Keep track of all your lies,
    don't tell her to add an "online friend" of yours,
    make sure your persona lives as far away as possible,
    never mention your real name at any given moment,
    don't talk about your real personality,
    use a different writing style than your own and don't keep this up longer than it has to.

Also, if she says she likes the real you, don't ask her out on a date the next day, you should wait at least a week.
    Last edited by RainbowJohns; 25-04-14 at 01:41 PM.

Thats just a normal question.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Ok, conflicting advice... The only issue with RainbowJohns plan is that I know that she doesn't give ANYTHING away over the internet. She's always talking about random annoying guys on twitter and facebook asking her about stuff, she says she never talks to them :/

why you afraid of ? denial and rejection ?
    ask her with love and care.
    If you start a relationship with lies you'll lose their trust, their respect and possibly the relationship when the truth comes out.
    Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.

Denial and rejection wouldn't be a problem - if the girl involved and myself had not been good (and I mean good) friends for the past four years, see, I don't want to ruin our friendship :/

Ok, conflicting advice... The only issue with RainbowJohns plan is that I know that she doesn't give ANYTHING away over the internet. She's always talking about random annoying guys on twitter and facebook asking her about stuff, she says she never talks to them :/
    Ya because she knows it's mostly bull shit, and she knows people can be deceiving, that's why you shouldn't pull stupid shit like that on people.....it's douchey.

- - - Updated - - -

Denial and rejection wouldn't be a problem - if the girl involved and myself had not been good (and I mean good) friends for the past four years, see, I don't want to ruin our friendship :/
    What is more important to you? friendship? or a relationship? have to risk change to get change. If she is a good friend she wouldn't let something like your feelings get in the way of continuing your friendship. If she pushes away, the friendship had no value in the first place, she was just using you for her emotional tampon.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are that much of a coward, have one of her friends find out for you.
    Last edited by smackie9; 26-04-14 at 10:34 PM.

You and she are not "friends". Friendship means no romantic feelings.. you should ask her out and if she says no, cut off the "friendship" you are only hurting yourself by keeping her in your life

And dont go along with any sneaky plans to trick her or manipulate her. Thats immature, cruel and cowardly
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

If you even contemplated using that "plan" of rainbowjohn's then it's no wonder you're only her friend. If you like her then ask her out. If she doesn't want to go out with you then you should stop being her friend anyway because all she'll do is hold you back from finding a girl that DOES want to be your girlfriend romantically.

Stop being girls friends. Have them in your life romantically is all. Hanging with them and being their buddy mostly ends up in the predicament you now find yourself in.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Being buddies with a girl is a cowards way of trying to get a GF. Girls won't date cowards, that's why 99% get turned down. Girls are attracted to a guy with confidence or at least has some balls to ask her out. Your odds of getting a GF increase.... 50% more likely they will say yes.

Thanks for the advice, you have cleared a few things up for me When you've never had a girlfriend before it can be slightly daunting knowing whats right, but thats life! Toodleoo!
    Last edited by InMyOwnWorld; 28-04-14 at 11:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast