+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Saw a girl I fell in love with in Ukraine. was I in the wrong?

Saw a girl I fell in love with in Ukraine. was I in the wrong?

Hello everyone.

I dont know where to start with this story....I am just in a confused hurt mess. I would appreciate if anyone can give me some advice.

I have been talking to a girl from Ukraine for over 1 year now. We fell in love and we wanted to plan a future together. We spoke every single day and our communication was good.

Unfortunately we did have some rough patches along the way. I have been through a lot with this girl but I have stuck by her.

I caught her on some dating sites but she denied it was her but her friend using her profile and information instead. I don't believe it but I still pursued the relationship..

the whole year we had been talking, I suffered thought some sever health issues. My testosterone was almost at 0 so I was bed ridden for a while. I need to get hormone treatment in order for me to get better. It didn't do much for me but I pushed on. I then suffered though gout disease on my ankle and that almost lasted a year. My mother was not well so she had to move in with me so I also had to support her. we had planned to meet several times in that year but it was difficult to get the funds.

It was difficult, but I pushed my self to go to work, save as much money as I could for my ticket which cost me $2000. Pay for my Visa and passport to go see her. I just had enough money to go see her. She was impatient, always asking me when I am coming, and when I could not make it those several times I had to cancel she would be cold and we would argue for months!.

so I found a decent job at Mercedes-Benz and worked to save money. It was hard to save though because I had to look after mum, pay rent and buy food all on my own.

I was afraid I would lose this girl so I had to leave my job to go see her. I could only bring $500 with me to Ukraine, and thats all I could save at the time. I thought the main thing is that we met and I would stay at her place. We were crazy in love so I thought she would be happy...

so I made my trip to Ukraine, Health issues and all. And that is when everything went down hill...

I gave her my CK bracelet. Gave her the perfume I bought for her, Gave her some clothes and gifts from Australia. and I also gave her my $500 to show my support. 2 days later I got very sick with a degree temperature. She was nice enough to look after me and she did support me through that and I was very grateful. and she did buy me a bottle of perfume for my bday.

She started getting cold with me. and she lost it. She said to me that I treat her like **** and I do not truly love her. I asked her what she was talking about! and she said I had a whole year to save money and get a good future and all I could get together is $500. We did not have enough money to go out or for me to go out and spoil her like she wanted me to. She said I am used to my beloved man to spoil me, take me out show me that he loves me! but instead here you are in my house and I have to support you and do everything! you do not treat a woman like that! and not only that, but what future are you going to have with me if all you can save up is $500 in a year??

She said she is disappointed in me and she should never had high expectations.

I was in shock, and I felt bad, like it was all my fault. I explained to her my situation at home and how it was difficult to save money to come see her, but I made the effort to come see her! and that meant nothing to her, She said " big deal, $2000 is not a lot of money to save in a year! you have done nothing for me! all men come to Ukraine to meet woman so you are not the only one!

I did not know what else to say. I loved this girl, I tried showing her affection and my support. I met her lovely parents and brother and asked for their blessing for my marry her and look after her.

we made love, and had a decent time but she was not her self the whole 2 weeks I was there. At the airport she was cold and did not show much affection when she said goodbye.

the last thing she said to me before I left is " you have a chance to repair everything when you go back home. Everything is in your hands now if you want to be with me. If you truly love me you will prove it to me by getting a good job and bringing me to Australia.

I promised her I would do all I could when I get back home to find a better job and improve my self for her.

I arrived back home, feeling jet lagged and awful. As soon as I got home she started sending me msgs every day if I have sorted things out with work. I asked her if she could give me just a week to recoup and I would get straight into it. She went very cold, hardly responded to my messages and was not affectionate at all...

so 1 week later I get a facebook msg from some stranger. He told me that your girlfriend is not loyal because she wanted to meet up with me, she exchanged numbers and she said she was not serious with me. He pasted the whole conversation..

I was so angry! I called her and I may have called her some names I regret but I was hurt. she tried to justify her cheating on me, infarct she did not think she did not do anything wrong at all.

She said that she did not love me any more because I did not treat her well, I do not value her or I did not put in effort to come to Ukraine with more money and she said she didn't feel like I was a partner when I was with her for 2 weeks. She said she did not deserve that and It was evil of me to do that. She said if she can see me gain something in life then she will talk to me again, until then she will look for other men. She wants to get out of Ukraine this year she said...so I was unable to do it

so thinks I am all empty words and lies. I am just a useless man that does not put in effort to give her a future. We tried to work things out and she asked if we could meet in thailand and If I could pay for her ticket. I said I would do that for her, I just need to save some money with the new job I just secured. I have been working 12 hour shifts so I can save money for our future. But she thinks I am full of crap and does not believe a word I say..

so today I decided I have had enough, and I blocked all communications with her. Blocked her on whats app, viber and facebook. Did I do the right thing?

have I really stuffed up guys? am I the one in the wrong??.

any advice is appreciated

thank you so much for reading.

Dude the only thing she was interested in was your wallet. You were taken advantage of, she was hoping you were her meal ticket. Don't feel like you are less of a man because you couldn't meet her requirements.....she was a money sucking c&?%$.

Tip: stay away from internet/LRDs. There is no way to know if they are dating others while you chitty chat through a computer screen. It's costly, demanding and heart breaking. Be real to yourself, meet someone locally that is compassionate, honest, and loves you unconditionally.

Oh brother! Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Dude the only thing she was interested in was your wallet. You were taken advantage of, she was hoping you were her meal ticket. Don't feel like you are less of a man because you couldn't meet her requirements.....she was a money sucking c&?%$.

Tip: stay away from internet/LRDs. There is no way to know if they are dating others while you chitty chat through a computer screen. It's costly, demanding and heart breaking. Be real to yourself, meet someone locally that is compassionate, honest, and loves you unconditionally.
    Thanks for the reply man. Just kind of messed up and depressed atm.

so it was right for me to block her from all forms of communication?

you do the right thing.do not think about it..

What is wrong with you??? You are in your late 20's!!! Can't you find a decent girl in Australia that you had to resort to Internet dating to pick up a gold digging bitch halfway around the world??? And you question yourself whether you were right in blocking her and deleting her??? She sounds like a class high prostitute to me who would sell herself anytime to the highest bidder.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 26-04-14 at 02:05 AM.

russian gals whats to say, they are always searching for gold diggers. stay away from her, She's not for you.
    Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.

Thanks guys.