+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why the sudden change in attitude/behavior ?

Why the sudden change in attitude/behavior ?

So i've known this girl for around a month, we've been dating for half of that totaling about 4 dates, one initial meet up after i finished work one night (this is before the 4 dates) and once after she finished work.

She's arranged to meet me before her work tomorrow and she's on a night out on Saturday with friends and meant to be seeing me at my work and i will have to meet her friends, sounds good at first glance.

We got into the topic of 'what are we' in recent texts and she was joking about it, but i was more serious eventually i said i wanted to be exclusive, she asked if that means i'm her boyfriend now to which i said yes. But then she just said 'good stuff' and all today texting she has just been awkward and very out of character, changed totally from the texting whilst dating. Sounds like she's having ago and shitty small texts and just not being her. Surely if she wasn't happy or wanting a exclusive relationship she would have found a way out of that and wouldn't be discussing our next 'date' ? Its not like i've put it on facebook and gone over the top.

Have i done something wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance11 View Post
    Surely if she wasn't happy or wanting a exclusive relationship she would have found a way out of that and wouldn't be discussing our next 'date' ?
    Good luck with that dude! Many women wont be upfront if they want to leave. Many times they will just start to slowly fade out and its your job to see that.

Bottom line is you were taking things too fast....at least that's what I'm seeing

You havnt done anything wrong but it sounds like shes not on the same page and unsure about you. My rule is normally to give it no longer than a month getting to know each other and if it feels wrong then-walk away
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Balance11 View Post
    Have i done something wrong here?
    yes you were lazy and you asked a very important question over text message instead of asking it face to face where if you were confused about her answer you could have outright gotten it cleared up and resolved. Now, even though you don't really know if things are awkward in real life, you have made them awkward in your mind because you THINK that "good stuff" doesn't mean what you want it to mean.

Learn to communicate if you dont' understand something and don't rely on text to have your communication. It's really sad how you young people have lost the ability to TALK to one another face to face.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Balance

Your moniker says it all. Agreed, these questions are best approached face to face, not via text and watch out for coming on too strong. You want her to feel like your the 'air' allowing her wings to fly, not 'clipping' them by tagging status' on you and her at such an early stage.

Wrong move.....

Jumped the gun and most importantly, you said so over a text message. #fail