+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I bother or just move on?

Should I bother or just move on?

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right section so let me know.

This is pretty much my first attempt at anything girl related, I have some self-esteem issues, mostly physical so they didn't help too much back in high school or anything.

So here's the main thing, there's this girl, she started working at my job a few months ago and we did talk a few times, just "Hi" or "How have you been". She waves/smiles to me and that's a good thing to me since I'm not exactly Hugh Hefner when it comes to social interactions. She ended up taking a promotion a few months later and I added her on Facebook to keep in touch since we have different schedules. We do see each other from time to time but it's mostly just greetings and such, I do ask how her day is going and she replies in a rather short response, which I understand since her new job keeps her on her feet a lot.

The other day I messaged her over Facebook that I saw a favorite movie of hers (She has a thing for Disney movies) since she's pretty much always posting stuff about it. I asked her about a different movie and she did recommend I see that. We talked a bit about the movies, nothing else too much.

Here's my dilemma right now, do you guys think she just wants to keep it strictly platonic? She does seem ok with talking to me but her messages over Facebook are pretty much short, like she seems uninterested in talking. Stuff like "haha ___". She does go to grad school so I'm guessing that could have something to do with it.

I do plan on asking her to hang out but the only problem is that I don't have my license right now which pretty much hinders that quite a bit. Should I just keep talking to her in public more? I don't think Facebook is a good way to converse since I think I'm more conversational in person. Her Facebook doesn't mention anywhere about her being in a relationship status so I'm unsure of where she is relationship-wise, I'm not even sure if I should bring it up lol.

For the TL;DR's: Met a girl, she doesn't seem too open in conversations so I'm wondering if I should keep talking to her or just move on. It's been racking my brain for a while now. It doesn't help that I have no idea if she's single or not.

Find out if shes single first and then think about hanging out.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Find out if shes single first and then think about hanging out.
    That's my problem.....we're both co-workers so how could I ask her that without sound extremely creepy lol? I'm very new to this as you can see. I think part of it could be that I'm just an uninteresting person? I did notice that about myself.

You can ask it very cool. Just talk a lot and just ask btw if she have a bf. You dont make long pause, just eventualy lead conversation that way and after asking(you have a boyfriend right?) keep talking, if she dont answer then just say " Okay whos the lucky guy?".
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    You can ask it very cool. Just talk a lot and just ask btw if she have a bf. You dont make long pause, just eventualy lead conversation that way and after asking(you have a boyfriend right?) keep talking, if she dont answer then just say " Okay whos the lucky guy?".
    She did mention a movie she was anticipating when I brought up the movies she recommended for me to watch. Only problem is the movie doesn't come out for like 2 months. Would that be too long before I mention the whole boyfriend question?
    Assuming we do talk more by then lol.

Don't ask if she has a boyfriend. Ask her if she lives with her boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Don't ask if she has a boyfriend. Ask her if she lives with her boyfriend.
    Good suggestion, but I kinda want to stress how little the conversations can be. It's like an interview process right now, I just ask her how her day/weekend was and she responds, nothing back. I mean I'm not sure if that's how it goes lol but I'm usually able to have full conversations with my other co-workers which makes this a bit hard to read. I've been thinking she's just disinterested right now but I guess I could just keep talking and she'll warm up to me eventually as long as I don't spring the "boyfriend" word too soon.

The best way to go is to get to know her by talking to her allot (without even trying to ask her out)
    with that you can know her hobbies and how she really is
    and only then you can take a step farther (she'll feel like she knows you and be comfortable with you)

This is a much better approach then any other just make sure you won't get into the FRIEND ZONE....!!!!!
    Last edited by dani5566; 30-04-14 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dani5566 View Post
    The best way to go is to get to know her by talking to her allot (without even trying to ask her out)
    with that you can know her hobbies and how she really is
    and only then you can take a step farther (she'll feel like she knows you and be comfortable with you)

This is a much better approach then any other just make sure you won't get into the FRIEND ZONE....!!!!!
    Yeah, I'm going to try that approach, I just hope 2ish months of chitchatting is enough to not get friend-zoned lol. I do know most of her hobbies since I did ask her that, the only problem is that she doesn't ask me any questions related to that. Like it's not a full-on conversation yet, know what I mean?