+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My husband cheats when on business trips...

Lol I addressed you politely and made a relevant point. You came back with a load of irrelevant BS and insults. And the only part of my post meant for you was the first paragraph. The rest was for OP but like a dog with a bone, you made sure your point was put across an extra 3times.

Other people here have the same views and opinions as me on cheating but I dont see you targeting all their posts which is why I told you to f**k off.

I'm done with this thread now and done with you.
    Last edited by michelle23; 30-04-14 at 06:22 PM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Well, I'll wave you goodbye then ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    ...pain caused by a cheating husband. It is the ultimate betrayal that a married person can do to his/her spouse. ...
    Actually, there are worse betrayals, ones that make extramarital sex look like child's play. The original poster needs to be very careful about making her next move, whether it be to forgive him, or to get rid of him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Actually, there are worse betrayals, ones that make extramarital sex look like child's play. The original poster needs to be very careful about making her next move, whether it be to forgive him, or to get rid of him.
    I was speaking based on my experience and to be honest, it was the most painful experience i had to go through in my life. Its like a torture i had to go through everyday playing out in my head what they did in the bedroom. For me, once married, sex is only to be shared between a husband and wife. Once the third person came in the picture, i felt like a reject not good enough for him anymore despite of what I've invested in the relationship. I felt dead and numb for awhile.

Pain is also relative. I can take a lot but pain caused by cheating is difficult to get through and the worst a spouse can inflict on a partner.

Like i've said, i was younger when it happened, i was less tolerant of the behavior, stubborn with too much pride and thought that i could do it on my own to which i did and I'm happier now of the choice i made. It eventually worked out for everybody.

But like Wake up said, that all depends on the person as to what choice to make.

I also agree with you Vashsti that the older the person is, the more difficult it will be to go through a divorce. If that happened to me now, i probably would have made a different choice. I would go for the counseling option since i've grown up and is more mature and tolerant now.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 01-05-14 at 02:10 AM.

There is life after 50 though. A friend of my parents lost her partner 3 years ago and she is with a lovely man now. I disagree that shes doomed to be alone until she dies. That is just scaring her into making a decision. OP do what you feel is right

Good luck
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

The OP probably went to askthelove for advice. This thread turned into a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    The OP probably went to askthelove for advice. This thread turned into a shit show.
    Or maybe she left the husband and don't give a fvck anymore what we suggest for her to do...LOL!!! It's reality "internet" version.

divorce him

If you choose to leave him that is understandable. I would only say that while what he did was wrong and hurtful, he is human and all humans do make bad decisions now and then :-) I know that some men who enter their middle years seek out affairs for various reasons, whether it is in reaction to feeling old or an attempt to re-energize a boring routine in the bedroom. While you are full of righteous outrage and pain, realize that your husband probably really does love you. You have a lot of time and commitment invested in each other and you should weigh this before ending it after his transgression. Sure, your trust has taken a blow and will have to mend over time. No one ever claimed Marriage was easy, but the faithful don't run away the first time they suffer a bloody nose. They work together repair the damage and in doing so, become stronger for it.

This is of course only my 2 cents, for what it is worth.

hold your advice.....the OP is gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123