+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just broke up w/ GF. Complicated Relationship. Age Gap. Baggage.. Wrong decision?

Just broke up w/ GF. Complicated Relationship. Age Gap. Baggage.. Wrong decision?

Hi everyone this is my first time posting here so I would appreciate any feedback and advice.

I am 28 year old Male.. I met this beautiful women dancing and we hit it off... Became close friends and dancing buddies. She then told me her age after a few times hanging out.. 42 years old! I could have sworn she looked like she was in her late 20's early 30's!! Anyways... at this point we were only friends so it was not a big deal. Until we hooked up and everything changed... we clicked so well that people would always comment on how we made a great couple. I felt like we were made for each other. I started forgetting about our age gap.. We started dating and we both would tell each other how much we love one another.. The more time I spent with her the more my feelings grew..

Here are the issues besides the age gap. She has 3 kids. Some a little younger than me by a few years! (Have only met one.)

Now we broke up because I am not sure if one day I will want kids of my own... she is done having kids and does not like the fact I am unsure..
    As much as I love her I can't promise her that I will never want a kid of my own. I currently have no desire to have one but who knows 10 years from now...

Will I regret losing the love of my life because I am unsure if I want kids in the future? What if I never do?

I have dated girls my age and have never been so close to anyone. She is funny kind and energetic! What if I never meet someone like her? Everything about her makes me a better person. Her personality is my favorite thing about her.. shes hot too but body is not as important since I know she will grow old before me.

Should I just move on with my life and hope I can meet someone later down the road that is a better fit for me?

Please give me advice guys I am so confused with what to do...

Last thing I would ever want to do is hurt her...

Well it's pretty obvious on your choices. What kind of advice specifically are you looking for? You need to decide what's more important: her or your desire to have children? Problem is you need to decide quickly.

Btw....you're only 28 and there are millions of women who could be the love of your life. Make sense?
    Last edited by surfhb; 29-04-14 at 10:28 PM.

You found out she was way older than you but went ahead with a relationship anyway. Do you have shit for brains?

Well my thing is can you really stop it from happening if you are meant to have children. Even people with birth control end up pregnant because it is fail proof. There is no saying the next girl will have children. You never know who is sterile or not sterile until you get there. There are no guarantees in life and yes you can say you do or don't want any, but life kind of gives you children or don't give you children. Lot's of people have sex and don't have children. Even when they try to control it, they still do. So really worrying about children isn't really as necessary as we might think. I knew a couple they both wanted children and it took 8 years. New a man didn't want any had three. lol So this is what I'm saying, basing you're love life on children will just end up with unpredictable results.

I think its better to move on and find someone your own age.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".