+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Why Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Ok, so I'm desperately trying to get my head around this issue of why nice giuys finish last. I have my own theory which I have written about here:
    [URL=http://www.livejournal.com/users/mtb167/]Why Nice Guys Finish Last[/URL]
    But I am not satisfied with it, and I am looking for outside opinions. And. Well. This looks like a good place to find them, so I submit this question to anyone willing to put in their two cents(sense?):

Why do nice guys finish last?

Tone Guest
    Post it here.

A lot of people don't click links cause they think you're just a spammer - so just copy + paste your little theory here.

Nice guys always get killed in life, because of the lack of them....

Link Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Post it here.

A lot of people don't click links cause they think you're just a spammer - so just copy + paste your little theory here.
    The theory is very long, and I have gotten negative response before for posting it. So, I figured I'd just throw up a link.

You don't even have to read it really, I'm just looking for opinions on the matter.

Tone Guest
    K well people should know you're not a spammer (hopefully).

But here's something for you to read:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/t8359-quotnice-guysquot.html[/url]

mtb167----Nice guys may not get the girls, but they usually are succesful at their jobs.

The cool guys in school, fastforward 10years - scary. Bums most of them.
    The nerds/outsiders/loners - surprising. Some grew up and turned out pretty successful.

First is not always the best.

Maybe it's because women (andmen too) want what they cannot have. Nice guys are easier to catch then the 'rebel' or whatnot.

I, too, was a "nice guy" and you know what, I don't think I finished last. Sucessful in what I do, usaully got the girl I was interested in etc. I think the "nice guy finishes last" is more apt for younger people, but once women get a good dose of reality and the real world, especially those that know what they want, they tend to appreciate the nice guys. At least in my opinion.

Tone Guest
    I think that has A LOT to do with it too, Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Maybe it's because women (andmen too) want what they cannot have. Nice guys are easier to catch then the 'rebel' or whatnot.

I, too, was a "nice guy" and you know what, I don't think I finished last. Sucessful in what I do, usaully got the girl I was interested in etc. I think the "nice guy finishes last" is more apt for younger people, but once women get a good dose of reality and the real world, especially those that know what they want, they tend to appreciate the nice guys. At least in my opinion.
    Agreed, at least im hoping haha.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Nice guys, bad guys.. some nice guys you can't have.. that's the one i want..
    "Ogres are like onions."

Girls want a challenge and want to see if they can "tame" or transform thier bad boy. However 10 years forward most of the regret it and are most probably sitting at home with thier 5 children sitting in thier 2 bedroom council flat waiting for next weeks goverment benifit. Girls can be such dumb@$$es at times.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know, I always thought the whole 'nice guys finish last' thing was a bunch of crap. Just an excuse for a bunch of guys whining about why they're still single....it has nothing to do with being nice. Seriously, I hate bad guys, they're a pain in the ass........but everytime you try to find a 'nice guy' there's none to be found.....or they're already taken by a 'nice girl'.

I also think far too many guys are quick to label themselves as the 'nice guy' and not realize that they're actually kind of jerks too. My ex did this, he was always like "I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet..." Sure. He was nice generally, but he was also neglectful and when he got with his friends he turned into an ass. So come up with a new theory...this one is getting old and cliche.

Ah Bluesummer, you were one of my favorite ladies here...
    I disagree with your theory. There are nice guys out there, or maybe I should re-phrase a label them: Guys that respect women and Guys that don't.

I know lots of guys that could care less about women's feelings, thoughts, ideas etc. and treat them like dogsh*t once they either got what they wanted or they started to annoy them in the slightest way.

And as far as this:
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    was also neglectful and when he got with his friends he turned into an ass.
    I think that's just every guy in general.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    I also think far too many guys are quick to label themselves as the 'nice guy' and not realize that they're actually kind of jerks too.
    I definately agree with this.

My friend that uses girls for sex and sex only once said "Why is it nice guys like you and me always get the shaft?"

I was just like ...

They might label themselves like that because they think girls would hook up with them because of it.

Eh, good guys get the best girls most the time. Girls that go with jerks willingly arn't worth it. (I realize most don't realize they are jerks, and some try to give them a second chance, but some just plain old want jerks)

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast