+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is going on?

What is going on?

So there is this girl I work with, we are usually busy so we never get a chance to talk more than a few minutes. We exchange glances and smile at one another from time to time, one time we both decided to make a funny face and just started laughing. Some months ago I asked if she would want to hang out sometime, to which she replied yes and asked for my number. I've yet to receive a call or text from her. A couple weeks ago I flat out asked if she wanted to see a movie on a particular day after work, we got busy just as I asked so she told me she'd let me know later. Again nothing from her. Normally I would take this as she's not interested but we still smile back and forth and such when ever we see each other and exchange passing conversation. Both of us are the types not inclined to stop working for sake of conversation and are almost always busy.

You are misinterpreting workplace bonding as romantic interest. Work flows better when you can have friendly banter, and enjoy a co-workers company. This is common in every workplace. She has turned you down in a subtle way twice, she is not interested. Just because someone smiles, has a good time with you, and treats you nice, doesn't mean they want you.

You already made the step to ask her out, you got nothing, accept that she she isn't interested.

Remember, a lot of people feel uncomfortable rejecting someone and would just rather avoid giving an answer instead.