+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Holding of Hands ect....

The Holding of Hands ect....

Ok. (First post BTW, and i never thought i'd be posting like this on the internet forum, but im trying to keep all this on the down low with people i know and i just need somewhere to express, lol).

There is this girl who i've been really getting along with over the past month or so.

Met her at work (Food and bev waiter at hotel by Orlando International) and we kinda clicked straight away, she's very bubbly, flirty ect...

Anyway, this girl is a little flirty with most people, you know just the playful stuff, mucking around like taking peoples pens and hiding them and stuff.

Anyway, atm were real close, at our work though it is very hard to find sometime alone with somebody else but nearly every shift now we will be standing there and we'l just find some excuse to be alone (EG, lets go the canteen even though were not hungry or thirsty ect...).

Anyway, as she flirts a bit with everybody sometimes it can be hard to distinguish with her (I am the only person she really spends time on a 1 to 1 basis with though), but she does do things differently with me such as our 1 to 1 stuff.

As the title of the thread says, about 2 weeks ago we were walking to our job in work and she just started to hold my hand while we were walking, she has done this at least 3 times since then, also when we walk now we basically have no space between each other, we are as close as we can be to each other, without actully holding on to each other (Shoulder against shoulder constantly, in step, ect...)

Also about a week ago a group of us went to a bar at Orlando airport after our shift had finished and we were all sitting around for bout half a hour, when she looked over and said do you want to go for a walk, which we did, just a playful kinda walk messing about, airport was very busy so i wasn’t really looking for that first kiss in the middle of loads a people. She also does things like telling me secrets that she makes me promise that i cant tell to anybody else and laughs at all my jokes (Weather im just a comedy genius or she likes me i dont know, lol)

What do you guys think the chances are this girl likes me.

I have that feeling in my heart thay she does, and i am kinda sure, but there is always that little doubt when you dont have her complete confirmation that she does like you, and with someone you care about so much, that small little doubt can get bigger when you dwell on it, lol. Im planning on taking the relationship up a level next week asking her to go out to somewhere with just me and her (She‘s asked me to go out with her for a meal she was having with her college friends but I couldn’t make it that night), but bascily i just wanna know other peoples opinions are on this situation, plus i just needed somewhere to say all this since i haven’t spoken to anybody about this (You know how work places are with the rumours/gossip).

Thanks for any opinions given beneath.
    Last edited by Let Me Watch; 12-08-05 at 08:55 AM.

Tell her you've got a cute little friend you want her to meet but he's trapped at the moment and you dont really let him out in public and you think hes hiding in that broom closet over there... and he's scared of the light too... and he's feeling kind of "blue" I think she likes you.

She definately likes you man, and if you like her to - take a step... Dont just let her make all the moves man.

She definately likes you man, and if you like her to - take a step... Dont just let her make all the moves man.
    Yeah, i was hoping to do that on Saturday.

She'd invited me to come to a party of some person who used to go to her school with her on saturday, i said to her Half Jokingy, Half seeing what she would say "U know im gonna be on my own all night en it, i dont know anybody whos going", to which she replyed "You'l be with me".

But i phoned her up yesterday and she said she cant make it to this party now, so looks like im gonna have to wait for next week to start making moves, (I had the whole, wanna go for a walk thing planned for the party, so it could just be me and her, finnaly without 1 other person around).

I'm seein her in work on Monday, so i'm just gonna play it cool till then, maybe send her a txt, then on monday ask her if she wants to do something in the week.

Thx for the replys so far.

I got an Idea for you man... It may be seem to sudden but..........

Send her flowers...

Girls and Flowers have a BIG BIG connection... That can be your first move.

One more thing I can advice, But im not in any way responsible of what happens with the following:

When you send the flowers, in the card write "From: SECRET ADMIRER"

then next day wear a shirt saying, "I am your secret admirer"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So wait...are you into voyeurism?

I dont know what your waiting for ( ya think shes gonna write *i like you* on her forehead) and i woulnt spend one more second thinking about it and just concetrate on making my move ( unless something happens)

Hi "Let me watch"

An interesting subject. You strike me like someone who does not have a lot of experience in this (Hence the hesitation to make the first move). The way you describe it, the situation appears to be favoring you and i think you should make the move. Don't think too much about it and don't plan. Go with the moment, but don't back out in the last second. One of the things you will learn with experience is how to put yourself into a situation with your partner where things just naturally happen.

Since you brought the "Holding hands" subject, I would like to say that a lot can be discovered right there. What has worked for me in the past in the "Holdings hands" department was the signs that told me where the girl I am with and myself are at. At times I have used holding of hands (In the movies etc...) to work out what should be my next move.

Example:

A. You take her hand and she moves her hand away - For me this is a signal that she is comfortable with low level of intimacy only and possibly sees you on a "Friendly" or "Friends only" level.

B. You take her hand, she does not reject, but holds her hand still - For me this is a sign that she is apprehensive about moving too quickly and may need more time

C. You take her hand, she does not object, casually caresses your hand during the sesion (Movie or other etc...) - For me this is a signal that she is ready to go casually to a higher level.

D. You take her hand, she pulls you closer to herself or hugs you - For me this is a sign for action, she is ready for a kiss right there and then...

Above may not work for everybody, but it works for me. Although there are other signs that i like to read before taking things to the next level, with the above you can see how little things, hints and signs can help you in your task of making a move.

Do not wait too long if you are recieving a lot of positive signs or she may get tired of waiting...

All the best and Good luck

Respect...

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya
    C. You take her hand, she does not object, casually caresses your hand during the sesion (Movie or other etc...) - For me this is a signal that she is ready to go casually to a higher level.
    My GF hates it when I carress her. But loves me to hold her.

As you said, its not gospel for all cases, but I agree with your theory.

Some people -the ones who are scared off by previous relationship issues- might hold back and be a stage or two below what they really want to do.

Mick
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

look at my post! :)

LOL its kind of funny but i think we have a similar although reversed situation! SHE DEFINATELY LIKES YOU! Make the move she will not turn you down!

An interesting subject. You strike me like someone who does not have a lot of experience in this (Hence the hesitation to make the first move).
    Well, i do and i dont.

With Girls in general i do, but not on this level, as in, i've never met a girl like this i care for so much.

Which is why i want everything to be as natural and perfect as it can possibly be with her.

Thanks for all the comments people, much appreciated

Tone Guest
    I didn't read this thread but judging by the replies I take it this is one of the 98,237,42 threads on this board about someone who wants to know if the girl he's interested likes him, and odds are she's already made it pretty obvious she does but this joker just won't make a move, about right?

*yawn*

I didn't read this thread but judging by the replies I take it this is one of the 98,237,42 threads on this board about someone who wants to know if the girl he's interested likes him, and odds are she's already made it pretty obvious she does but this joker just won't make a move, about right?

*yawn*
    Err not really, lol.

Kinda but not.

I all ready said in my orignal post i was gonna make a move this weekend.

I just wanted to hear what other peoples opinions were all though i all ready had my own, i wasnt asking for people to make my mind up, i all ready have it made, lol.

All though, i bet you get these kinda posts a lot, lol.

Tone Guest
    hrm okay once I finish the other threads and get bored I'll read yours!

Ahhhhh.

The last 2 shifts i've had with her at work, i have not been able to get her on her own at all, there are all ways people around, or just as we are about to walk somewhere, somebody will come up and go hey im coming.

Driving me mental, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast