+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why doesn't he care?

Why doesn't he care?

Me and my boyfriend of 9 years broke up 2 months ago. He met someone else and even though it wasn't physical it made him want to be on his own and sort himself out without hurting me. It broke my heart. I moved out but we still talked. For some reason I can't be angry at him or hate him. I am just looking into buying a house about 1 hour away and when I told him he couldn't of been happier for me. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I'm really happy for you wasn't top of my list. I know we won't get back together but if he had told me he was moving I would be sad. Am I expecting too much? Did I mean that little to him that he just doesn't care about me anymore? We lived together and were looking at buying our own house 6 months ago!

Him being still in contact with you and showing you that he is happy for you making steps to moving onto greater and better things shows he still cares. Just because someone lost their feelings of being in love, doesn't mean they stopped caring.

You are just going through the transition time, adjusting to life without him, and that can feel very empty because he was always there for you. This is it, you now have to stand on your own two feet emotionally, and move on with your life, simple as that. The residual of your relationship with start to fade, and life with feel normal again, because you start to fill it with other things that will take his place. Best of luck in your recovery, and hope you find new happiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Tip: don't date someone for 9 years if you plan on marriage. He was dragging his heels for a very long time. That right there is a tell tale sign it wasn't gonna happen.

You need to cut contact with him hun. I know it is very difficult after so long together but staying on friendly terms isn't healthy and it wont help you move on.

I disagree with Smackie. It all depends on how old you guys are. If your in your 30's and still not engaged/married-I would say thats a red flag after so long together but early-mid 20's-not really

I wish you luck on your healing journey. It will take time but stay strong. When one door closes another opens and great things are to come.

Stay strong x
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Oh hell ya it is. 9 years is ridiculous in most cases....red flag. Are you going to wiat 9 10 years Michelle? or even longer? What's you breaking point?