+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A guy just asked me out...what do I do?

A guy just asked me out...what do I do?

I am 17 and a girl.This guy whom I had a previous crush for the past 1.5 years just asked me out. Let us call him Minion.
    He did it over text.
    Minion is in my grade, but is a year younger than me and he's like my only guy friend that isn't a family friend.... My friend told Minion I liked him last year (as I refused to do it) and he seemed flattered and all but he never really showed much interest. A few weeks later I told him myself and pretended that I didn't know my friend told him prior to that, I asked how he felt about it and he said "I really don't know." He seemed to like me more as a friend back then so this year I sort of started to get over him and I consider him more a friend to me now. I thought he's such a nice guy, i don't really want to ruin it with a bf/gf relationship..but then tonight he dropped that question on me.. :S

And I also developed a crush on this guy that works at my local electronics store (let us call him Kellin because he reminds me of Kellin Quinn bc hair, he is older than me by a few years). I had always liked Kellin actually (I think I've like him for 2 years or so), but then a few weeks ago my friend told him that I liked him because she wanted to see how he would react. He apparently looked embarrassed and was looking at the ground, playing with his hot emo hair and had a cute smile on his face when she told him, and she said he was restless. He then said 'thanks' and my friend ran out of the store before he could do anything else.
    I don't know if Kellin is interested in me..my mum has her suspicions though and keeps forcing me to go to this shop to 'try and talk to him, say something to him, smile' and sometimes I've noticed he looks at me.

So you see, I have a problemo...

I have a major crush on a guy who works at my favourite store, who I don't really know anything about, don't know if he's available, whether he's even interested in me or what, but then Minion, who I sort of put in the friendzone, has asked me out and i feel bad turning him down.

I am actually completely lost as to what I should do. And even If i do accept Minion i have a feeling it would be super duper awkward. We are both really shy people (I mean cmon, he asked me out over text and said he didn't have the guts to do it in person), and I'm pretty awkward. Even when we message each other it is awkward because I never know what to say, and when we talk in person we don't even talk for that long and I already run out of things to talk about.. in fact i don't even ever see him in person anymore bc school times are different as were seniors now so we start and finish at diff times (btw he doesn't go to my school but one near mine).
    And then theres my overprotective father.....

The thing is, I like Kellin...a lot, pretty much friend zoned Minion after he left me hanging for months, Minion asked me out, and i don't know what to say. If I accept Minion, I have a feeling it will be super awkward, especially that I like Kellin (who I probably don't have a chance with because he's just so attractive he's probably taken).
    I don't know, but a little part of me says I should say yes to Minion, but I'm not sure if those are genuine feelings, or if its just cos i don't wanna hurt his feelings....

Wow i think this seems really confusing and long, but my minds a total mess because first I was going cray over Kellin, and it's also exam period, I've had depressing thoughts and now Minion drops this question on me. I remember that when my friend told Minion about how I liked him, he was like oh. i don't know what to say. and seemed shocked and all.
    I kinda just want to run away now so I don't have to face Minion. I never thought he would ask me out after what happened last year, so I moved on...
    Now I'm pretty much f*cked because of my confused mind and feelings. The fact I have a maaaajor crush on Kellin, and that Minion has asked me out. I don't know what to do anymore!!!!!!!!!
    H E L P M E ! ! ! :O
    Last edited by SWS-kitty; 07-05-14 at 07:55 AM.

It's a no brainer you must go chasing after emo dude even if it doesn't play in your favor, you know what you want for a BF. Your friend doesn't do it for ya so just tell him not interested plain and simple. So what, you turned the guy down. It's just part of life. He took a chance, good for him, but it doesn't mean you are obligated to say yes.

Trust me on this, you do not date someone just because he is a "nice guy" that is called settling and it's gonna cause more hurt in the long run. You date the guy that makes you swoon, quake and shake, the guy you can't stop thinking about, and want to do nasty things to lol. Have fun and best of luck with the emo guy. If you are like me, you like the older guys, they have more going on.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It's a no brainer you must go chasing after emo dude even if it doesn't play in your favor, you know what you want for a BF. Your friend doesn't do it for ya so just tell him not interested plain and simple. So what, you turned the guy down. It's just part of life. He took a chance, good for him, but it doesn't mean you are obligated to say yes.

Trust me on this, you do not date someone just because he is a "nice guy" that is called settling and it's gonna cause more hurt in the long run. You date the guy that makes you swoon, quake and shake, the guy you can't stop thinking about, and want to do nasty things to lol. Have fun and best of luck with the emo guy. If you are like me, you like the older guys, they have more going on.
    SO you think I should go after emo dude? He's probably taken though Anyway, if i go to that shop this weekend I'm going to personally compliment him on his hair, its so hot
    I actually did tell my friend how I felt last year and he said idk, so you know, I patiently waited for something to happen, but nothing did so I moved on.
    This emo guy makes me die every time I go to this shop. I've gone crazy over him :') He's polite, sweet and he's got hot hair and such a cute face I reckon I have no chance with him though He's like 20 and I just turned 17...awkward age gap :S
    I guess I should just tell my friend in the nicest way possible....
    My emotional and mental state isn't really stable atm anyway...maybe i should just tell him that he's a great guy and all, but I need time to figure myself out before i dive into something like this and hurt him and that I like our friendship how it is.
    I mean, I'd feel soooo bad if I did end up with my friend, but then every time I go to this shop I die when I see emo guy.
    I guess he had his chance, and that when he said idk, it signalled to me he wasn't interested so I moved on. I mean, I plucked up the courage to tell him how I felt last year. He didn't seem interested at the time so I just stopped with it...and now he likes me and has asked me out..i really don't want to hurt his feelings, but I have a feeling that I will hurt them more if I do say yes to him..

Dear don't make up some soft bull shit excuses....it will only give him hope and it's so mean. Tell it to him straight, as hurtful it might be to him, he will be better off to know so he can move on.

As for EMO guy, so what if he's taken....it's not going to be forever. I dated 19 year olds when I was 15 so 17/20 who cares....we that's just me, you will probably have everyone jumpin all over that comment lol. ***Just check your sex laws, because they are different depending on where you live. Even if you don't date him you still can have fun flirting with him. Don't be in such a rush to find a BF, have fun chasing and being chased.