+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tennis partner

Tennis partner

So I met a girl last week. She messaged me through a tennis partners website and I agreed to play with her. She's a 31 French girl Whos been living in London for almost a decade. I was surprised that we hit it off so well. Talking a lot in between picking up balls and resting, and I could tell that neither of us knew out of decorum's sake when we should end the chit chat and when to start playing again.

After the meeting she sent me to the subway station and i went home. She sent me 2 messages that evening saying how much fun she had and how cool I am etc. And I waited a little in between replies so I didn't look weird. Her replies are really long. like comprehensive mini essays. and in turn I started replying that way too. No sexy talk, just genuine what we did over weekend. Fun boring, etc.

If I didn't know better I'd say that she likes me. But my experience tells me that maybe she can and does give this much attention to all her contacts. I think i just like the attention she's giving me. So to not fall head over heals for her i delay my message replies by days to cool down any imaginary one sided fires that might be burning.

We arranged to meet again this week for another session.

That's good that you take a cautious approach to this. You just met, so why would there be any sexy talk. If there was it would be a red flag anyways. It's best to take your time getting to know one another before considering a date.

just go with the flow and don't overthink...if she didn't like you, she wouldn't be messaging you

I didn't know what the question was in that post, but after reading your replies, my question is: while I'm holding back, might she just get the wrong signal and back off as well?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk