+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What are normal men responses??

What are normal men responses??

Ok.. My husband shows no empathy, concern, never initiates working out issues, in fact avoids at all cost, shows really no emotions except anger except when he is around other people... He turns into this unknown person that's laughs and smiles etc. Other then having no emotions and shows a lack of desire to work things out, he will " do things" for me pretty regular. He thinks doing things for me is him trying in the relationship!!!! That's good and all but... No emotions, no showing desire to work things out " because he doesn't know how", and lack of empathy or concern makes life hard !!! I can cry and beg him to show me that I mean something to him and he just goes to sleep!!! But he constantly says that he loves me????

Look up the 5 languages of love - it's about the different ways people express and receive love. And 'acts of service' is one of those listed languages. So, yes, he is showing you that he loves you. That being said, love alone isn't enough. A couple also must be able to work together in harmony and deal with issues as they arrive.

So, what issues are you facing? What does he get angry about? How long have you been together? Was he always like this? Do you have kids?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Your husband sounds a lot like me and I know that I have issues with narcissism... it's a personality disorder usually inherited from your parents. Not saying your other 1/2 has a personality disorder but don't rule it out.

The problem is he's showing you he loves you in HIS language, not yours. Get the book and both of you read it so that he can start showing you in your language how he loves you and you can show him how you love him in his language. As long as he's showing you that he loves you in his own language, you're going to feel cheated.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion