+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is your opinion to online dating sites?

What is your opinion to online dating sites?

I've heard about online dating a lot, try it few month ago on best-couple.com and few other sites, but find few new friends.. Does somebody had a relations started online?

I met my boyfriend online. He's a great guy and we've been together for 5 years now. He's got a friend who's a lawyer and met his lawyer wife online as well. Online dating is not for everybody but it's good way to meet people if you're tired of the bar scenes and have very little time to go out to find that special someone.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 08-05-14 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    I met my boyfriend online. He's a great guy and we've been together for 5 years now. He's got a friend who's a lawyer and met her lawyer wife online as well. Online dating is not for everybody but it's good way to meet people if you're tired of the bar scenes and have very little time to go out to find that special someone.
    I'm agree with you, online dating not for everyone, but such stories means it worth to try sometime!

I have to say I wonder about that myself. When I was younger, I never had any good experiences from online dating sites. It was the most aggravating and frustrating thing in the world because it seemed like nobody took it seriously at all. You'd message people and they would never bother to answer back. Why bother being on those sites if you aren't actually going to give anybody a chance?

Not only that, but it reminded me of searching for a job. In other words, in the parts where they describe their ideal mate, they could basically be describing you word for word, and yet they still don't give you the time of day if you try to contact them.

But now I've been married (to the very WRONG person) and am now somewhat recently divorced, I am finally now starting to think of getting back into the dating world. Something occurred to me that never had before.... When I was younger (early 20's) obviously I was searching for people in my age range. The things is, people in their late teens and early 20's usually have a lot more options out there for dating. Not only that, but they are also still young and therefore have not yet made all those youthful mistakes of dating the wrong people.

Now I'm 30. So the people I am looking for would be mostly late 20's or early 30's. Something tells me people within that age range might actually take online dating a little more seriously. At that age, your options aren't quite as open, plus you tend to have dated a lot of the wrong people. So, it may be that people will actually take it more seriously.

Of course, I have yet to actually test the theory. LOL! I am sure it will actually wind up being just as worthless and futile. But, I may just give it a try soon and find out.

I met my wife on Match. It was perfect for me since I worked long hours and most of my social circles have married. Overall great experience if you have patience......That is the key!

I've never used online dating probably won't... but know several friends and parents friends who have and got matched up with someone they dated for awhile or married so it does work out for some not for all also heard some horror stories too. Like everything in life it has its good and bad so be aware.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

Thank's for the answers! I think I'll take something for myself from each experience and maybe will be a lucky to start some relationships online. Will be interesting I think and succesfully I hope!)

I met my GF online. She's horrible.

I will add this, I have met some GREAT friends online. Some of my best friends I have ever had are people I met online. So, that being the case, I suppose it isn't too far-fetched that it is also possible to meet a significant other online. My ex and I met online.... but obviously that is not a very good example. LOL!