+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she's not ready for a relationship right now but she likes me.

she's not ready for a relationship right now but she likes me.

Hi! I’m Greg and I’m 21 years old. I'm new on the forum so please be gentle with me I decided to open a thread because I really don't know what to do, or at least, I don't know if I'm making the right choice.

I’ve been dating this girl for about two months and I realized that I really like her, a lot! It’s clear we both have feelings. But we don’t see each other that often: one, two days a week and sometimes not even on a real date and it sucks. This is because lately she has a lot to study and she doesn’t have much time to hang out. Frankly, I get it… I’ve been there! Plus, she got out of a 3 year relationship six months ago.
    So I wanted to make things clear and I asked her how she feels about me and basically she said she is not quite ready for a relationship, but she likes me; I think she doesn’t know what she wants. So now I’m stuck here: I don’t know what to do. She still has two months of school and I guess she won’t have that much time to hang out. Frankly I’d wait for her because I think she's worth it. But I don’t know if that’s the right thing to do. If I wait, what do I do in the meantime? Should I text her? What am I supposed to do? Sometimes I feel like I should giving up, but should I? Some friends told me to just forget her. But seriously, I don't want to
    Any advice would be largely appreciated, just feel free to tell me whatever you think could help
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Greg

Continue seeing her, but go out with other girls too. Don't feel guilty about it either.

Are you two sleeping together at least, or are you just taking her out and sniffing around trying to catch a whiff of her pussy?

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Continue seeing her, but go out with other girls too. Don't feel guilty about it either.

Are you two sleeping together at least, or are you just taking her out and sniffing around trying to catch a whiff of her pussy?
    Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. To answer your question, yes, we slept together but I wouldn't want to make it the whole point

Do what Backup says. If she's not ready to be in a relationship then see other girls and while you're at it, if you have options then she's not going to seem like she should be up on that pedestal you've put her on. Make sure you don't call her until she reaches out to you first. If she never reaches out to you then you'll know that she was just saying what she said to let you down easy.

or at least, I don't know if I'm making the right choice.
    What choice did you make?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well, have you two ever officially made the transition to being "exclusive?" Because if you have already done that, then dating other women would not exactly be the best idea.

If not, then I would agree with the above advice. You absolutely do not want to just wait around forever hoping she will be ready. At the same time, breaking up is often very difficult, especially with a long-term relationship. So, whereas 6 months may seem like plenty of time, maybe she is just not quite ready to move on yet. So, keep your options open, just make sure that she remains one of them. Give her time. If after a while she still does not seem to be moving on, then that may be the time to have a more serious conversation with her about where she sees you two going. Good luck!