+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New/1st post. NEED SRS HELP! Mid-20s male in 6yr LTR crisis situation. cliffs

You cant go back and change the past. So you either let it go, forgive her and move on or you break up. Its really simple. But a lot can change in a year and s**t happens. You were apart. She could have been seeing someone else for awhile.. most single people are looking for love so what makes you think she should have waited around for you? She likely thought you were never getting back together.

She shouldnt have lied but she was prob scared of your reaction.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

"Let me tell you what I just heard. Talk, talk, talk, I. Talk, talk, talk, I. Well, what about me?"- Gena Showalter

She can't change the past, so the only resolution which is available to you is to change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, then you may as well walk away.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenMan928 View Post
    At no point in time did you give sincere advice...You made sure to try and make a person who came here for positive resolution and ways to make a positive change for 2 people feel even lower than they already do though. Cool, congrats on being an e-bully!

You can cast your judgment on a random internet user, but how much better do you feel about yourself? Honestly. Do you see a spotless reflection of a person when you look in the mirror? Have you never greatly wronged anybody in your time here on earth?

And don't assume that any relationship involving any form of mistreatment is a one-sided affair. I take responsibility for my side and the damage I've done, and that's what I'm posting about. So to be fair, maybe you think I'm just the bad guy in the mix...I'm not here to bash my gf. I am here looking to make a positive change and so far, I believe only 3 of the replies didn't focus on judgment but rather on how to bring love back.

Thanks to those who posted sincere advice trying to help me resolve my problems.
    Good! I'm happy you feel like shit.... You deserve it. Your gf deserves a real man too.

No....I've never put a person in the position you put your lady in. Congrats!

You are making her out to be selfish, but I dont see it that way. She didn't have any intention to hurt you, in fact she didn't want to hurt you at all, that is why she lied. She wasn't protecting herself she was protecting you knowing how sensitive you are.

Bro you are at war with yourself. You have been defiant your whole life that the woman you love will be only asexually pure to you. You are faced with the reality it didn't turn out that way and it's eating you inside out. I know you are pretty desperate, and at a loss, but coming here isn't going to anything for you except increase your anxiety. Even with counseling, this is going to take you months or even longer. You are going to have to take one day at a time, be positive and think about all the things you are grateful for. If you stay away from the negative, you will be able to think more clearly, and reach your goal quicker.

If you broke up for a week or a month, I would understand how you feel but a year? Come on! You are being very irrational here. Were you both virgins when you met? Maybe its time to just move on. It failed the first time and now your making each other crazy. Its not healthy for either of you
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12