+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Making sure I dont screw this up

Making sure I dont screw this up

okay I really hope i dont come off as a slut but here goes nothing.......
    So Ive been broken up with my ex for about a good 5-6 months... and his friend from high school has been there for me and when ever we hang out i can just feel this huge amount of sparks and chemistry between us the only thing stopping me and him being together is my ex i dont want to hurt him but at the same time i want to do what makes me happy!!! i am at a enourmous crossroads. Help!!!!!

Have no idea why you think this could be interpreted as slutty.

Anyway, do you know if the new guy wants a relationship with you? If he does, then have you talked about this dilemma with him? What are his thoughts on the situation?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

well the way my ex hurts me his exact words is i dont really give a shit what he thinks about us and yes hes the one that asked me to be his girlfriend

In that case, I say go for it. My only concern is that you actually care what your ex thinks and feels. As an ex, he really should have no relevance in your future decision making.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well, I'm going to say this from the males perspective: it is NOT cool to go out with a friend's ex. So yeah, you'll probably piss him off.

However, your ex's friend is the one that should be having this dilema instead of you: You don't really owe your Ex anything, but if this guy really is his friend then the least he should do is to talk to him man to man, with the truth.

So yeah, I'd say you can go for it, it's your happiness, but demand this guy to straight things up with your ex, even if that means they won't be friends anymore, at least don't make it happen like some backstab.

see thats what i thought i was just making sure that was the right decision

And it really sounds like your intended won't care about losing the friendship anyway....

yeah he confronted him about it the other day and he called me his fair share of names but now im happy with him so i think everything is working out for the better