+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice needed! So confused.

Advice needed! So confused.

H all

To cut a long story short my ex and I split up at the beginning of the year...

I have moved away, not just because I want to get stronger but to pursuer a dream I couldn't whilst with him due to being on the other side of the world.

Basically, it's his birthday. I acknowledged this with a little text and we exchanged a few messages about what he was up to for his birthday etc.

I also said happy birthday to him online.

He has acknowledged every single person that said happy birthday to him and I am the only one that he hasn't even muttered a thank you too. I am so confused with everything right now.

I saw him before I left and he told me that perhaps when we had both pursued our dreams that we could get back together (he planned to to travelling later this year which is essentially why he says he broke it off). I was all ready to get back on the horse and enjoy my life again but now I am totally lost and confused and don't know what to do with myself.

Please give me some honest but pleasant advice!

Don't stop living your life to wait for this guy. Keep pursuing your dream and go out on dates with other guys. You're not his priority at this time, so don't make him yours.

Good luck!

You are confused cause you kept contact after break up. Better to go no contact at all. Besides its not worth it since you are not going get together anyway and relationship is past. So go no contact and delete him on FB and so on to forget how his face looks and in few months you gona get better and once you forget about him confusion will go away.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

He said that to let you down gently. He prob didnt really mean it. You need to move on. Hes an ex and he should stay in that pile. You should never go backwards-keep moving forward
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

It may seem hard, but the best thing to do is break off any contact. It doesn't help with the 'moving on' process. I hope everything works out for you x

I agree with bootsie and pcmaster. Remaining in contact with exs is tough shit. Especially if you haven't giving yourself time to get over that person. Best thing to do is cut off all contact. I know it sounds harsh but it's what you need. Take this time to enjoy your new surroundings, meet new people, keep on living and pursuing your dream. And if some time down the road you decide you wanna get back into contact with him, no one's stopping you. It's just pointless to invest your time and self into a person who isn't going to reciprocate that ya know? Keep your head up, kid. Things will get better. As cliché as it sounds, just give it time.

Thanks s much guys.

I am going to break all contact and concentrate on me now!then I can heal properly!!,