+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals from insecure man at work

Mixed signals from insecure man at work

There's a guy at work who flirts with me outrageously - playground teasing type of thing.

Nothing hAs ever happened because we work together but since finding out I'm leaving his flirtations have heated up a bit. He tries to message me outside of work asking silly questions etc.

What confuses me though is he sent me a message saying his friend was interested in me. He sent me a pic and I though he was joking because this guy (sorry to be superficial) was not in the slightest my type. I thought it was a joke so said yeah set it up. He then sent me his number....before it got out of hand I just told him I was joking. He didn't reply.

To me this is a sign he's not interested. It was completely out of the blue though. And to say he showed him a pic of me makes me wonder why I even became topic of conversation.

What are your thoughts in this???

That's kind of a weird situation to be in. I did this type of shit when I was like 12 and wanted to see if a girl I liked me or not. Since you mentioned he's a little insecure, I suppose he could be doing the same thing, trying to figure out if you're interested in him or if you'd hook up with one of his friends. Then at the same time he could have been really trying to set you up. If you're interested in him best thing to do is be straight with him. Especially if he's insecure. Sometimes insecure guys can't pick up on the little hints you ladies drop us.
    Last edited by nico88; 12-05-14 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nico88 View Post
    That's kind of a weird situation to be in. I did this type of shit when I was like 12 and wanted to see if a girl I liked me or not. Since you mentioned he's a little insecure, I suppose he could be doing the same thing, trying to figure out if you're interested in him or if you'd hook up with one of his friends. Then at the same time he could have been really trying to set you up. If you're interested in him best thing to do is be straight with him. Especially if he's insecure. Sometimes insecure guys can't pick up on the little hints you ladies drop us.
    Thanks for your reply. It is really childish.

In the past he has made comments About girls being too good for him and comment about me being a sexy news reporter so it confused me to why he would try and set me up with someone who wasn't particularly nice looking. I asked him how did the guy see a pic of me and he said what's app to which I replied, why were you talking about me? He said to set you up. I'm going to ask him tomorrow what made him think me and his friend would be a good match. Should be interesting.

Uh id say move on. Seriously id have no time for this passive aggressive shit and insecure men are never worth it. Avoid them like the plague
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".